Strange Phone Call

Help Support CattleToday:

FlyingLSimmentals

Reaction score
Some Guy called me looking for a bull to buy to use in some crazy darn sacrifice, ritual, and ceremony. I hung up on him, man this country has some freaks in it.

HOLY COW!!!

Mike, bulls have a unique place in history. The Greeks sacrificed bulls in celebration. Of course, there is the Golden Calf mentioned in the Christian Bible stories.

I guess if it is part of his religious beliefs, he does it humanely, doesn't break any laws, and eats it - well, then no harm is done.

I just had a steak. I didn't kill the bovine it came from but somebody did.

I guess I should have elaborated about the phone call more. No it didn't sound like humanely harvesting beef and more like some sick cult party. Plus it was a bull I was gonna sell for breeding purposes and not for killing fun anyhow. Want to go kill and mistreat livestock call someone else and not waste my time. Yes Ron I know all that and I eat beef and yes we've killed our own and I harvest deer and other game but some people are sick and weird whether not its a religion belief or whatever it was.

When I worked at the dairy (YEARS ago), someone came and wanted to buy a cow. The owner sold him one of his open cows that was at the end of her lactation. They asked if they could butcher her there, then take her away. He said sure, and provided them with a small pen. Ended up being a HUGE mistake... the guy had some sort of ritual by having the cow bleed out slowly as he prayed, and the cow panicked as she slowly bled to death. We only knew about it because we heard a commotion in the area he was processing her, and ran over thinking he was in trouble....
Sick, I will never forget it!

FlyingLSimmentals":11klro25 said:
I guess I should have elaborated about the phone call more. No it didn't sound like humanely harvesting beef and more like some sick cult party. Plus it was a bull I was gonna sell for breeding purposes and not for killing fun anyhow. Want to go kill and mistreat livestock call someone else and not waste my time. Yes Ron I know all that and I eat beef and yes we've killed our own and I harvest deer and other game but some people are sick and weird whether not its a religion belief or whatever it was.

My point is that if an animal is killed humanely and the meat is not wasted, I don't care what they say or what acts they perform during the slaughter process AS LONG AS THEY ARE NOT CRUEL. Even baptism is a ritual. So I would not judge them based on their beliefs.

At least he called first. A local rancher recently found 2 mutilated cows on one of his properties, they had been bled out. There are some sick people walking among us. Personally I think it's worth a call to the Sheriff, just to let them know. And count your cattle.

It sounded very CRUEL to me Ron and I'm no city slicker animal protector. I don't want to get into any religion debate or argument because it isn't allowed here and I don't want to get banned. But I'll say I'm human which means I can't help but judge some. This guy was messed up that's my nicest way to put it. Some have sick minds, beliefs, faiths, they love cruelty & blood, play with fire, etc... To many groups and types of people in this country now. If I catch any mutilators on my place they'll feel mutilated when I'm done with them or at least be digging buckshot out.
My ad was for selling a registered breeding bull to begin with and not a slaughter bull. Common sense should have told the guy he was looking in the wrong place. But then again I don't think he knew much at all about cattle. Just wanted a bloody game for a thrill for him and his messed up group and cap it of with a meal while they are drunk as skunks. That's how I took it.

Fire Sweep Ranch":1m97z7mn said:
When I worked at the dairy (YEARS ago), someone came and wanted to buy a cow. The owner sold him one of his open cows that was at the end of her lactation. They asked if they could butcher her there, then take her away. He said sure, and provided them with a small pen. Ended up being a HUGE mistake... the guy had some sort of ritual by having the cow bleed out slowly as he prayed, and the cow panicked as she slowly bled to death. We only knew about it because we heard a commotion in the area he was processing her, and ran over thinking he was in trouble....
Sick, I will never forget it!
Friend of mine used to sell pigs, sheep and goats and let people butcher them on his farm. One bunch of sickos bought a goat, fed it booze till it couldn;t stand up, built a huge bon fire and threw the goat in to kill/cook it.

Any chance it was someone just pulling your leg? Maybe a friend picking on you? I've had a few that really got me going only to find all my buddies were laughing themselves sick at me.

Possibly could have been a prank somebody playing on the phone. Thought I might had heard a slight giggle or laugh in the background just maybe but I hung up during the middle of the conversation. I generally think of only children and teenagers playing on the phone. Sounded like an adult to me whom was sincere with his questions and answers and no I don't think any of my friends would waste their time with that kind of phone call. Said he was near Pikeville. Suppose in Eastern Ky. entertainment might be hard to come by and the people might take longer to grow up. Anyway I'm not worried about it whether it was serious or a prank. We keep a pretty close eye on things here anyhow. Thanks for the replies, like I said it was just a strange phone call.

My wife will tell you Im a 12 yr old in a 50yr old body. I have a couple of friends I prank quite often. whether its signing them up to websites using their email and phone numbers running craigs list ads to get people to call them and the likes . Its all in good fun and we laugh a lot about it.

my neighbor had a nice red angus bull for sale he he was contacted by a similar group...

they wanted it for beef but also wanted to do some sort of ritual killling....

the people who came to look at it sort of freaked out the lady who lived where the bull was ...

he still has the bull and pulled down all the ads. another friend is using the bull this fall....

M-5, maybe I'm just a 50 year old in a 35 year old body :( . You reminded me of an instructor I had in college, he was always pranking full of energy and doing his best to keep his teenage self around. Somewhere between 27 and now I guess I lost a bit of my fun youth. I'll try and work on that.
Sounds really similar Pdfangus, I could have stayed on the line and found out more but I had heard enough.

Latest posts