strange people

Help Support CattleToday:

NMVaquero

Reaction score
Lady standing at our both at the farmers market reading our signs, "Is your beef vegetarian?"
I respond, "Of course, what else would they eat?"

She left in a hurry, maybe embarrassed.

yogurt is not a fungus :roll:
It is basically a form of curdled milk. The bacteria in it causes it to ferment and curdle.

I sell at a farmers' market also. People ask me the oddest questions about chickens and eggs. I swear that the Internet is a curse. There is so much wrong and inaccurate info posted about things and people automatically assume that it is true. I am asked if my chickens eat a vegetarian diet. I tell them that they eat what they find, and I don't know how you would classify bugs.

So many people do not realize that because something is organic, does not mean that it is pesticide free.

NMVaquero":jvi5ur5h said:
Lady standing at our both at the farmers market reading our signs, "Is your beef vegetarian?"

I'm thinking her primary experience with beef has been in campbell's soup--surely she doesn't think cows are carnivorous.
Then again....

Maybe she heard BSE was spread by feeding ruminant byproducts back to cows.

As to chickens eating insects - :D Great question. Insectivore? Entomolivore?

greybeard":3o2l4srr said:
NMVaquero":3o2l4srr said:

I'm thinking her primary experience with beef has been in campbell's soup--surely she doesn't think cows are carnivorous.
Then again....

There's beef in Campbell's soup???

I never said that. Not even in campbell's vegetarian beef soup, but it is in the name.

(kinda like the pork in pork and beans)

chippie":5ynsuegx said:
I tell them that they eat what they find, and I don't know how you would classify bugs.

After watching the movie Antz, I learned that insects have feelings too and this is why I won't eat bugs and stuff.

BTW - Its easy to tell if your eggs are organic cause they will be brown. Vegan eggs are blue and if they drink antibiotics and fed a steady diet of steroids they are white. I don't know why people are so easily swayed by misinformation on the internet cause its all so simple to me.

Oh, and a strict organic grass diet makes the calves have white faces and people need to pay more for these type calves. A lot more.

greybeard":6nr84thd said:
Joe, you're just a one man cult ain't cha?

Darn right and I'm planning on having a Greenphoria Hug Mother Earth Gathering in Portland in a few months where I can serve all my mindless green minions copious amounts of my famous Kool-Aide.

That's no good Joe. The initals of your cult have to have some ZIING! to em.
Something like Greenmorphia Mother Of earth gathering would really do the trick

Jogeephus":9rx7pyou said:
BTW - Its easy to tell if your eggs are organic cause they will be brown. Vegan eggs are blue and if they drink antibiotics and fed a steady diet of steroids they are white. I don't know why people are so easily swayed by misinformation on the internet cause its all so simple to me.

I think you just pointed out that my chickens can make me rich. So, what are my chocolate ones indicative of?

Silly people, don't you know that brown hens lay the sugar creme-filled eggs you buy at Easter? They don't lay a lot, so producers have to stockpile them and sell them at Easter.

slick4591":r9hv8uc5 said:
Jogeephus":r9hv8uc5 said:

I think you just pointed out that my chickens can make me rich. So, what are my chocolate ones indicative of?

Easter? I am assuming you are speaking of Gluten Free chocolate eggs.

Jogeephus":mcfhs2yc said:
slick4591":mcfhs2yc said:
Jogeephus":mcfhs2yc said:

Easter? I am assuming you are speaking of Gluten Free chocolate eggs.

Umm, no. Maybe gluten free, but since they look like a real egg on the inside I'm wondering what they should be marketed as to make the big $$$.

Latest posts