Stranded at sea

Help Support CattleToday:

papavillars

Reaction score
Carnival cruise lines called me and said my wife's cruise ship had a fire and was stranded at sea. Unable to reach her or my daughter on board the ship triumph. Just updated by rote call and said they would be towed to progreso Mexico and then flown to Texas on Wednesday. There had been an engine room fire and was without propulsion. Oh but they were providing free food and refreshments. No working toilets, on emergency generators. Man am I glad I stayed home to add a room to the farm.

Good to hear the passengers are all safe--there's not much worse than a fire at sea.
Wife used to hound me all the time about going on a cruise, till all these cruise ship problems started making the news. Wrecks, norovirus, food poisoning, running aground, people falling overboard. She's content now to stay home.

I heard on the news that while doing an abandon ship drill on one of the cruise ships that the cables to a lifeboat broke and dumped the people into the sea and a number of them were killed. That has to really ruin a vacation

wow. they certainly will have stories to share with their friends.

eta: greybeard, i agree with your wife. i used to think that it would be fun to go on a cruise too.

papavillars":3kl6owl3 said:
Carnival cruise lines called me and said my wife's cruise ship had a fire and was stranded at sea. Unable to reach her or my daughter on board the ship triumph. Just updated by rote call and said they would be towed to progreso Mexico and then flown to Texas on Wednesday. There had been an engine room fire and was without propulsion. Oh but they were providing free food and refreshments. No working toilets, on emergency generators. Man am I glad I stayed home to add a room to the farm.

Trying to visualize 4000 plus crew members people peeing over the rail. :lol: :lol:

dun":2ux9y7gl said:
I heard on the news that while doing an abandon ship drill on one of the cruise ships that the cables to a lifeboat broke and dumped the people into the sea and a number of them were killed. That has to really ruin a vacation
Those were crew members.

alohacattle":3vtqow3j said:
dun":3vtqow3j said:
Those were crew members.
Pretty graphic way to demonstrate how NOT to do it

dun":2u4sllvj said:
alohacattle":2u4sllvj said:
dun":2u4sllvj said:
Those were crew members.
Pretty graphic way to demonstrate how NOT to do it
It was not a drill, it was training for the crew on how to lower lifeboats, no guests should have been present.

Ryder":3cugrc5n said:
I was sort of thinking about maybe giving consideration to going on a cruise. :D
This thread is not very encouraging. :(
Enlist in the Navy, you'll probably get all the cruising you could want to last a lifetime

The wife says she will retire in 11 months and has been whining about an Alaskan cruise for a while now. Looks like my time is limited.

slick4591":1yu7q9v6 said:
The wife says she will retire in 11 months and has been whining about an Alaskan cruise for a while now. Looks like my time is limited.
The wife took a cruise to alaska a couple of years ago with her sister and BIL and really had a ball. Probably wouldn;t have if I had gone along

A long as there's a deck chair and some beer I'm good with most anything. Went into the interior back in '85 and loved every second of it.

Slick, is the beer to help put out a fire or to drink and hope you don't see a fire - don't worry, you needn't reply ;-)

Ryder":2irz18k5 said:
I was sort of thinking about maybe giving consideration to going on a cruise. :D
This thread is not very encouraging. :(

Oh heck Ryder, go on and enjoy yourself. Stuff like this only happens about once a year so there's a good chance you won't be on the next boat that has problems. :mrgreen:

Finally, got thru to my wife ,daughter,and gkids. No running water, cold cut sandwiches, or zucchini sandwiches. Another ship to bring supplies so they said Maybe hamburgers. They pee in the shower and poop in a bag. No lights in the room, hot and stuffy.one tug boat on scene another due tonight. Expected back in Gaveston, Saturday around noon.

Latest posts