Stranded at sea

Help Support CattleToday:

Dang. That sucks. We almost took that one 2 weeks ago. I can't imagine being kept on a boat in those conditions. Are they at least getting free drinks instead of 6 bucks for a pint or 9 for a mixed drink?

Hook, I did not ask but website said refreshments being served for free.o. I figure sodas and water and lemonade only. Helicopter to off load from ship is 1200.00 plus landing fees. But none available until Thursday noonish. So no go on that. Reckon I will see them Saturday.

How much you wanna bet they apologize by offering a free cruise. :lol: Your response could go something like, " FREE CRUISE?!!!... Oh wait, do I have to bring my own water, poop sack and some wipes or will that be handled this time around?"

Ryder":c055cu92 said:
I was sort of thinking about maybe giving consideration to going on a cruise. :D
This thread is not very encouraging. :(

Ryder, don't let this stop you. Go and have a good time. I know one person who went on a cruise where there was an issue, they were fine. The likelyhood of bad things happening is slim. You have a greater chance of being involved in a fender-bender while driving your vehicle.

Ask yourself this....what would you do if you weren't afraid? ;-)

Katherine

I agree. I thoroughly enjoyed the cruise I went on. They do a good job and you can eat all the ice cream you want 24 hours a day. I met a black comedian and we had lunch together by the bar and I asked him where he got his material from. He said he just watched people and pointed to this black woman dressed in the island attire drinking one of those fruity umbrella drinks and he started laying into her. He had me rolling with the little things he picked up from her. I could have never gotten away with making the same hilarious observations but with him it wasn't construed as racism just honest observation. He was a great guy and a great comedian.

Just watched the 10:00 news. Now they are pulling it to Mobile Alabama. Waiting on 2nd tug to get there at around midnight, they said. Person on ship said that it was disgusting. Said that they are going to the bathroom in baggies and leaving them outside their doors. Said water was on the floors and seeping out of the walls! Nice..

Colleen

Papavillars.. I'd say "Enjoy your time alone"!!

Accidents happen everywhere, and *nothing* is 100% safe... so I say if you feel like doing something, just do it, if not, don't bother... I know a lot of people who've gone on cruises and loved it... I like my feet on solid ground though... I've done enough flying for a lifetime already with my last job having me across the continent on a weekly basis for a couple years... I have enough air miles to go visit people, but don't want to bother with it

It sure is a big mess. they said on Good morning America this morning that the ship is going to be towed to Alabama and that the same ship has had problems in the past -- some recent.

Workinonit Farm":mlusweuq said:
Ryder":mlusweuq said:
I was sort of thinking about maybe giving consideration to going on a cruise. :D

Ryder, don't let this stop you. Go and have a good time. I know one person who went on a cruise where there was an issue, they were fine. The likelyhood of bad things happening is slim. You have a greater chance of being involved in a fender-bender while driving your vehicle.

Katherine

Here's an ad for one for a lake & river in Canada, if you don't like the deep end of the pool. Probably doable on a Caribbean cruise as well tho. ;)
http://imageshack.us/a/img607/9036/snake2i.jpg

:cowboy:

shadyhollownj said:
News said tonight that only 5 working bathrooms and onion sandwiches. I would light the bags of feces on fire at the Ceo's house.[/quote]

It's called Devil on the doorstep.

greybeard":2or7wtxq said:
Workinonit Farm":2or7wtxq said:
Ryder":2or7wtxq said:

Katherine

Here's an ad for one for a lake & river in Canada, if you don't like the deep end of the pool. Probably doable on a Caribbean cruise as well tho. ;)
http://imageshack.us/a/img607/9036/snake2i.jpg

:cowboy:
:shock: :shock: :shock:
:help: :help: :help:
That does it!!!
Katherine almost had me talked into going. But Greybeard ended that.
:hide:

Papa, I think a good Valentine's Present to them would be to reserve a hotel room at the closest plush hotel in the area so they can take a nice long bath when they get to shore

Saw more on the news tonight. I am so sorry that your family is suffering through this. It should have never happened.