Stolen truck found :shock:

Help Support CattleToday:

dvcattleco

Reaction score
They found the truck after being gone for 6 days. I cant believe it though. We drove every day for atleast 6 hours just hoping to run across it. The cops here told us we would have a better chance of finding it as they would only pull it over if they were reckless driving. We put up posters at the local gas stations hoping it would help. We came with in 3 blocks of finding it Thursday night. We gave up hope cause it was raining and dark. Friday we were out looking for it again, and had to make a pit stop for chores. I happened to be in the house when the phone rang... "Hello, this is officer (I cant remember his name) Merry Christmas!" "I stopped to get a soda at the gas station and noticed your poster. We just had your truck hauled to the impound. We found it on a no knock search warrent. It was found in the search of a meth lab."
I cant believe this... 3 miles from home. What is worse, they started to strip it, took the bed rails and running boards off, started to work on the chrome. I dont want this truck back... why would we want to get anywhere near this thing after they had it for a week... What would we be exposing our chidren too? Who knows what is or was in our truck? Of course it is on police hold, we cant go near it, look at it or see if our stuff is still in it. The closest we got was 200 ft. Here we hold our breath that it is found, and not wrecked... now we wish it was never found. Go figure, ya think your out far enough in the country that you only have to deal with kids hitting mailboxes or shooting your barn with paintballs... I think our next step is fencing the front and letting them deal with the blue heeler next time. I sure hope they have access to a full body steel shark suit! The news is all hush hush, and they wont say anything but an "Undisclosed amount of meth and chemicals along with a stolen truck were recovered".... Hopefully I can update later with better news.
What is this world coming to???

dvcattleco":359bw3ke said:
... I think our next step is fencing the front and letting them deal with the blue heeler next time.

Try a Great Dane with out the fence. It will be cheaper.

thanks for the update....
I know how you feel about not wanting the truck back. years....uh decades ago, I had my car stolen and despite getting it back intact and undamaged it still felt somehow violated. :(

Give me a break folks!

A vehicle is a piece of equipment...metal, plastic, glass! Since truck was "found" your insurance probably wont payl. Wash the truck and welcome it back home...

;-)

Another give me a break...

Law enforcement wouldn't stop the truck unless it was driving recklessly? They thought ya'llwould be better off driving around looking for it? What did they propose you do if you found it? Run it off the road and demand it back? Face off the people who stole it and demand it back?

Good grief!

Alice

Alice":3gi9tavq said:
Another give me a break...

Law enforcement wouldn't stop the truck unless it was driving recklessly? They thought ya'llwould be better off driving around looking for it? What did they propose you do if you found it? Run it off the road and demand it back? Face off the people who stole it and demand it back?

Good grief!

Alice

They probably would expect you to call it in if you found it.

We got my daughter's truck back. They hauled it in from Arizona and I am sure the transport fee wasn't cheap. Tool box had been ripped open, right back quarter was smashed, left front quarter was smashed. Front end was bad. Rear tires were practically bald as if they had chained onto something and spun the tires excessively on pavement.

The insurance company paid for all the repairs and I got to pay the deductible. Then I had to buy tires again. The truck had been gone for three or four months too.

The big thing with kids these days is swapping vehicles. A local kid will find an out of town kid and they will steal vehicles from someone they are well acquainted with. Then swap it for one stolen elsewhere. Law enforcement believes this is what happened in our case, but they won't tell me diddly.

It is a lose/lose situation for the owner and insurance company - as well as rate payers.

I wwould be in the same boat with ya. No telling what they did in it, take black light to the inside before you sit down in it.

As long as your truck is evidence in a case, you may not get it back. The law doesn't much care about YOUR troubles.
I hope your insurance would settle with you, so you can get something else and move on.
I think a meth contaminated truck is probably a "total loss". Cleanup costs are astronomical.

Glad they found it. Just hope the people that stole it will get to do the time they deserve for your troubles and the trouble they cause society. Probably won't happen but it is my Christmas wish for this year.

Don't think for a minute that a rural address is protection from crime. Our house was broken into two years ago this month. Less than three miles from here a week later, a man was bludgeoned to death with a car battery. I have lost a 16 foot flatbed trailer, posthole digger, bushhog, and a generator. My neighbor had the battery stolen from his tractor as well as some tools. Rural living is great, but being isolated is an invitation to thieves who know that they can work in secrecy.

J. T.":23j0e7oi said:
Don't think for a minute that a rural address is protection from crime. Our house was broken into two years ago this month. Less than three miles from here a week later, a man was bludgeoned to death with a car battery. I have lost a 16 foot flatbed trailer, posthole digger, bushhog, and a generator. My neighbor had the battery stolen from his tractor as well as some tools. Rural living is great, but being isolated is an invitation to thieves who know that they can work in secrecy.

Hang a game cam way up in a tree pointed at your driveway. You'll get the meter man's truck and you'll get some pics of your dogs and such, but any vehicle coming to your place will also be on photo, complete with license plates.

Everyone I know has lowjack on thier tractors/equipment etc. Stuff gets stolen all the time. Too close to Mexico.

Wewild":13gzgi5l said:
dvcattleco":13gzgi5l said:
... I think our next step is fencing the front and letting them deal with the blue heeler next time.

How about just a sign.
Don't worry about the dog-beware of the owner
and mean it.

I had a friend get his truck stolen a couple of years ago at a store parking lot. They stripped it but not enough to total it and left it where it would be found. A few weeks later with new tires and wheels, battery, radio, etc it was stolen again out of his driveway. Cops said the thieves got his address off his registration and waited for him to replace everything with new stuff before they stole it the second time.
Dave

KenB":3tupvrqd said:
Wewild":3tupvrqd said:
dvcattleco":3tupvrqd said:

How about just a sign.
Don't worry about the dog-beware of the owner
and mean it.

All you really need is a couple of chihuahuas and a 12 gauge.Z

I just got the call. A friend of ours woke up this morning to find her Dodge Durango stolen from in front of the house. Sheriff's Dept found it in about two hours. In the river. Someone had scratched "Fail This Bi^$*" on the side. She teaches 9th grade science. How long do you think it'll take to figure out which Einstien took it?Z

MillIronQH":4y8rlcb8 said:
I just got the call. A friend of ours woke up this morning to find her Dodge Durango stolen from in front of the house. Sheriff's Dept found it in about two hours. In the river. Someone had scratched "Fail This Bi^$*" on the side. She teaches 9th grade science. How long do you think it'll take to figure out which Einstien took it?Z

Ya' know, kids that age...their attitudes never cease to amaze me. They feel perfectly justified in doing things like this. Now, with any luck at all, the brats' parents will come down on their little delinquents with both feet stomping. However, there are also parents' with attitudes that never cease to amaze me...parents' who'll somehow blame everybody else but their kids for their behavior. I hope your friend's students have good parents.

Alice

A few years ago my dog woke me about 3 am. Looked out window and there was a car parked on the county road and a fella was slipping up toward garage. I slipped out the back with a deer rifle and set up behind the pump house. When he got about five feet from the door, I put one about a foot over his head. Wanted to be sure he felt the cricket dance above his head before he heard the shot. He ran for the car and I honestly can't remember seeing his feet touch the ground more than three times in that 200 yard dash. I hope he learned something.

Jogeephus":1mqpcp5v said:
A few years ago my dog woke me about 3 am. Looked out window and there was a car parked on the county road and a fella was slipping up toward garage. I slipped out the back with a deer rifle and set up behind the pump house. When he got about five feet from the door, I put one about a foot over his head. Wanted to be sure he felt the cricket dance above his head before he heard the shot. He ran for the car and I honestly can't remember seeing his feet touch the ground more than three times in that 200 yard dash. I hope he learned something.

probably not, or if he did it was not what we would hope it would be.

glad you have found your truck, the feelings you have will change once the truck is in your possesion again. If it ever will be, as it is part of a Police investigation, it could take months to a year. Here they would give you the money and then at the end of the case scrape the car.

Latest posts