Sticky Poo?!

Help Support CattleToday:

suitep123

Reaction score
I've never seen this....not that that means much.

In early January we got some Jersey drop calves and 3 out of the 4 survived. The three are getting pretty big. One of them is smaller than the rest, always has been. The weird thing is that his poop seems to be real sticky and forms a ball around his tail. We have cleaned it but it seems to build back up. I don't get it.

We were posting quite often right after we got the little guys and would like to thank everyone for their help - especially Alice. I don't see her on this post, but maybe she'll see this.

They got the standard calf milk and started mix 16%. They did receive a course of scour tablets very early. We did give them a shot of vitamins right after we got them. We also gave them each a Selenium bolus at 3 1/2 months, but this issue was present before the bolus was given.

They're on pasture with alfalfa treats, trace mineral salt and getting ready to start back up with protein tubs.

Might anyone have any ideas?

Pauline

I refer to those as lazy shtters. Everyonce in a while you'll get a calf or go that just doesn;t lift their tail. Never have figured out why it turns to little balls on the tail though

Latest posts