Stewart Named SPEED Performer Of The Year

Help Support CattleToday:

hillsdown

Reaction score
Congratulations to Tony ,he definitely deserved it !

NASCAR Sprint Cup Series champion Tony Stewart has been named the Speed Performer of the Year. He received the Mario Andretti Trophy from the racing legend Sunday night.

"This is an awesome moment in my career," Stewart said. "I grew up in Indiana watching this guy a lot. Winning any award is an honor, but winning one with Mario's name on it is very special."

Five of this year's seven finalists received first-place votes, including Stewart, runner-up Casey Stoner; AMA Supercross/Motocross champion Ryan Villipoto; last year's Speed Performer of the Year, Sebastian Vettel, and USAC/WoO phenom Kyle Larson.

"I get to see the best of the best and, Tony, you are in that company," said Andretti, who actually noticed Stewart's calm demeanor during the Chase and texted the driver, "I smell championship."

http://nascar.speedtv.com/article/cup-t ... ar-sprint/

And the Dinger won the Rolex 24. Gotta admit he sure fooled me. I had no idea he was that skilled or tough enough to stand the callanges towards the end. The drive that Mad Max made a few years ago turned me into a fan of his, Dinger may have just done the same.

Latest posts