Steve

Help Support CattleToday:

Deepsouth

Reaction score
where the Mason-Dixon line is considered the far n
His farm is just south of town. It's a nice farm with good grass and pretty cattle. He's been working on it pretty hard the last few year's. Steve has been a road engineer for the U.S. Forest Service for a long time. A few week's ago he told me he's been putting alot into his cattle operation because he's retiring this in May. Yesterday the forest service was doing a routine control burn. Steve was the fire monitor in the helicopter. Something went wrong with chopper and it crashed killing Steve and the pilot.
Steve was a good man.

Deepsouth":3r6skeo2 said:
His farm is just south of town. It's a nice farm with good grass and pretty cattle. He's been working on it pretty hard the last few year's. Steve has been a road engineer for the U.S. Forest Service for a long time. A few week's ago he told me he's been putting alot into his cattle operation because he's retiring this in May. Yesterday the forest service was doing a routine control burn. Steve was the fire monitor in the helicopter. Something went wrong with chopper and it crashed killing Steve and the pilot.
Steve was a good man.

Sorry to hear that. It seems whenever someone has a retirement plan that alot of the times something happens to them.

Sorry to hear this. Brings back a bad memory. Years ago I helped pack the body of a man I worked with out of the woods. He was exactly 64 years and 11 months old. One month short of retirement. Live every day to its fullest. Because you never know how many you have left.

That's terrible. there doing a burn bordering me today and landing the helicopter in my field, I just talked to the helitack guys for a hour. Sad story.

We received a briefing on this yesterday. Some of the crew that was on a fire with me last night were on the fire where this happened. They came home Tuesday and didn't seem to want to talk about it so I just didn't ask. Sorry to here about it.

Jo we never know what the day holds for us do we.

Kenny I figured you knew about it but am surprised that you have already been in contact with some people who were there. They're being pretty tight lipped about it here. Not even the media getting much information. The pilot was from Oklahoma. The third person who was on the chopper was changed from critical condition to serious.

Latest posts