STEER

Help Support CattleToday:

notimeforfear

Reaction score
ok so i have heard about taking a steer and raising it to sell in FFA. well they were talking you take the steer and feed him and exercise him of course then find people that want to buy him. and the more buyers you get the more money you make. you then take him to the fair, show him, then sell him at the auction. im confused though on how the whole buyer thing works. and how you make more money off that then go to the sale barn and make even more. they were talking some kids making up to 60000 off one steer

sorry if this is hard to understand im tired and couldnt think of how to work it haha. any help would be great.

ok let me see if i can explain to you how the steer show an sale works.the steers are shown an judged an placed.an in most local an state fair shows the top 15 steers sell in the steer sale.an the kids send out letter to people they/parents do business with.asking them to come support the kids by bidding on their animale in the sale.if the steer dont make the top 15 or whatever.theres usually some1 there buying the steers at market value.or you can take your steer home an have him butchered.

Latest posts