Steer Opinions (Pic)

Help Support CattleToday:

aplusmnt

Reaction score
Still on the hunt for a steer. So whats everyone opinion of this one? What do you like about him and what would you change about him?

index002001.gif

Looks excellent to me. Good hair, big hip, level top, smooth, clean fronted, though I'd like a rear pic, he looks plenty thick from this view.

What age is he? Pictures can make things look different than what they really are but he looks like he has good thick legs and a nice hind end. Is his girth deep? It's hard to tell in the pic, he almost looks a little feminine in the front but again that could just be the angle or the age.
Overall, I quite like him, think you have a good one there!

Not got all the info on him, he is owned by the same people that had those heifers that I still have not got to go look at yet. The day I wanted to go look at them turned out they were showing in KC at the American Royal. Hope to see them all by this weekend. Now that the kids sports are on Pause. Got a week or two hear to go find some calves.

What I do know is he is a Maine Break son x Contagious. Making him a Maine Cross.

I also believe he is probably a Late Feb early March steer.

I really like him. Might turn out to be a longer calf i'd like to see him with just a little bit more depth but other than that i really like him.

Could be the picture but needs more depth. Are you going to get him? I know of a few that are still looking over herel.

I think he is real fancy. If he is as good from the rear view as he is from this angle, you've got a good one.
I LOVE the "feminine" front end - that's the look to "die for" - on bulls, heifers and steers. You don't want a male calf to look "masculine" in the front end til they are nearly 1.5 years old - at least WE don't!

r and s peckman":og5ip7ku said:
Could be the picture but needs more depth. Are you going to get him? I know of a few that are still looking over herel.

Sorry r and s I forgot to reply to your post. I do not think I will be buying him. I actually never got over to Independence to look at him in person or the heifers I posted the pics of of.

Had some timing conflicts with the people. I am probably buying a steer today at Joplin MO. Might not even be as nice as this one but I like him, I like the price and the farm we are getting him from has been good to us in past.

I can get you information to contact the owner if you want just PM me and also I think I might know were maybe 10 or more nice steers in price range of $1,000-$1,500 are by Joplin MO

Latest posts