steep land into pasture

Help Support CattleToday:

trappersteve

Reaction score
I have some land that is very steep that I have killed most of the weeds off of it( stickweeds). My question is What should I do to make this land into a decent pasture? My plans were to fertilize it ( tripple 19) and then reseeding it probably in fescue and red clover. The only problem is it is steep land and I don't know What, how and when to be doing this. I did put some lime on it last year hopping it would kill the stickweeds. I sprayed the stickweeds with 2-4d, how long will it last as far as it killing theclover or should I wait and get a good fescue start first. Sorry for so many questions! :D

If you get enough moisture in the summer, cast red clover and trefoil seed by hand. Even a partial catch should grow exponentially through the years if you allow it to go to seed.

Aaron":3inhohs4 said:
If you get enough moisture in the summer, cast red clover and trefoil seed by hand. Even a partial catch should grow exponentially through the years if you allow it to go to seed.
Aaron it probably won't have time to go to seed unless I fence it off Which wouldn't be that big a deal but about half of this acreage is rough terrain and I need something with a good root system to hold on

Latest posts