Stay-at-home

Help Support CattleToday:

Bestoutwest

Reaction score
We just got extended today until April 30th. Also, visitors will have to self quarantine for 14 days. I'm not sure what the penalty will be for those that don't follow through, but I hope it stems the flow of this deal. The county that includes Sun Valley has the highest number of cases, and I'm sure a lot of it is the rich folks flying in to "isolate." I'd like to be able to live normally, but to be honest it's not like I'm out too much. Work has been slow, and they are furloughing folks. That's about it.

It's the same in our place. That's the best thing we can do for now til it's over or til we get to find the cure or vaccine. Stay safe!

There are no cases in this county. Very few to none in surrounding counties. Life here isn't much different than it was last year. Canceled visitors. Now have parking lot church where everyone stays in their car. Instead of going to the grocery store once a week in the afternoon, I go on senior citizen day and I am there at opening. I go every other week. A lot less people there at 7:00 AM than at 3:00 PM. Those are the only things different.
I did a little figuring. New York City (Manhattan) has 138 square feet of surface area per person. They stack in that many people by having high rise apartment buildings. But to get anywhere they first ride an elevator getting out of the building. How do you do social distancing in an elevator? Then they ride the subways which are packed full of people. How do you do social distancing in the subway? In that environment staying at home is the only way to do social distancing. Here in this county where I live there is 5,575,680 square feet per person. There must be an elevator in some building here but none that I know of. There is no subway or other form of mass transit. Want to go somewhere you drive your own car. Just a few common sense actions will keep you away from other people. Well away from them. Why do the same rules that apply to over populated urban areas apply to the sparely populated rural areas?

Dave said:
There are no cases in this county. Very few to none in surrounding counties. Life here isn't much different than it was last year. Canceled visitors. Now have parking lot church where everyone stays in their car. Instead of going to the grocery store once a week in the afternoon, I go on senior citizen day and I am there at opening. I go every other week. A lot less people there at 7:00 AM than at 3:00 PM. Those are the only things different.
I did a little figuring. New York City (Manhattan) has 138 square feet of surface area per person. They stack in that many people by having high rise apartment buildings. But to get anywhere they first ride an elevator getting out of the building. How do you do social distancing in an elevator? Then they ride the subways which are packed full of people. How do you do social distancing in the subway? In that environment staying at home is the only way to do social distancing. Here in this county where I live there is 5,575,680 square feet per person. There must be an elevator in some building here but none that I know of. There is no subway or other form of mass transit. Want to go somewhere you drive your own car. Just a few common sense actions will keep you away from other people. Well away from them. Why do the same rules that apply to over populated urban areas apply to the sparely populated rural areas?

No elevator in my county either, no habitation over two stories that I am aware of. We are a little more dense with just over a million square feet per person.
The hospital is one story, we are up to four red lights in the county.

You don't have traffic lights for an hour in any direction from here, and when you get to it, it's the last one you'll see for at least another half hour.. our regional district is 6.8 people per square mile, or 4.1 million square ft per person

Caustic Burno said:
Dave said:

No elevator in my county either, no habitation over two stories that I am aware of. We are a little more dense with just over a million square feet per person.

We beat you on square feet. But you win on red lights, we have 7. Our hospital is also one story so that is a tie. There are 8 incorporated towns in the county. The biggest one is the county seat which has 61% of the 16,000 people in the county. It has all the stores and services. Of the other 7 towns, one is literally a ghost town population 0. The remaining 6 have an average population of 249. One of those doesn't even have a gas pump. The others have a pump but not service stations. You need a card to get fuel.

We have almost 22K county population,
county seat is our largest city with 2600. All four red lights are there.
There is not another "city" with over 1K population, there are three besides the county seat.

Had a friend just tell me that he had to go out to wash the floor mats in his car today. They are in their 70's and don't work. The floor mats can wait

Nesikep said:
You don't have traffic lights for an hour in any direction from here, and when you get to it, it's the last one you'll see for at least another half hour.. our regional district is 6.8 people per square mile, or 4.1 million square ft per person

Talk about crowded!

3 people per square mile here and that is often too much for me...

Aaron said:
Nesikep said:

Talk about crowded!

.25 people per sq. mile here. So you have about 12 times more people per square mile than here. I don't know how you do it Aaron

Silver said:
Aaron said:
Nesikep said:

Talk about crowded!

.25 people per sq. mile here. So you have about 12 times more people per square mile than here. I don't know how you do it Aaron

So envious. Such marvellous isolation! :D

Aaron said:
Silver said:
Aaron said:
Talk about crowded!

So envious. Such marvellous isolation! :D

It is good. Until people show up.

Our area include Squamish and Whistler.. which are on the other side of the mountains.. the local area is significantly less thankfully
I was once told when you're looking at places and you find one with the neighbors the right distance away, go find another place with them twice as far away

tallylittle said:
It's the same in our place. That's the best thing we can do for now til it's over or til we get to find the cure or vaccine. Stay safe!
Wonder where you are located?
You didn't put your location in space where your name is on top right.
Are you staying hidden so people can't come in to isolate? :?

My county has 3 stop lights and roughly 5k people. But there is a lot of industry located here, we have a major hwy railroad and the ohio river which is why they all located in this county. 5 factories with over a 1000 people on the payroll, and twice that many factories with 1/2 that amount of employees. So far we've had 6 confirmed cases, 2 already recovered. We have a 4 week old baby so we've been staying at home as much as possible I take the older 3 kids to the farm and we work on fence, fish etc to give momma and baby some alone rest time. I've been layed off from one of the largest factories for 3 weeks bc of the virus. I go back tomorrow really dreading it, I've never spent this much time with my family

Caustic Burno said:
Too many red lights, CB. Should look into reducing red lights by switching over to roundabouts.

We have zero, none, nada cases of the virus in this county. There are 6 counties that border against us (4 in Oregon and 2 in Idaho). Those 6 counties have a total of 12 cases. Some of them have been listed for better than 3 weeks so I am assuming that the person recovered.

We have 3,088 square miles which makes us bigger than either Rhode Island or Delaware.

CB's red lights. We had a fairly big red light district but it went out of business years ago. I think when all the gold mines shut down it was the end of the red light district.

If one of the people in your county got the virus, that would be 50% of the population. Doing good Dave.

Ky cowboy said:
My county has 3 stop lights and roughly 5k people. But there is a lot of industry located here, we have a major hwy railroad and the ohio river which is why they all located in this county. 5 factories with over a 1000 people on the payroll, and twice that many factories with 1/2 that amount of employees. So far we've had 6 confirmed cases, 2 already recovered. We have a 4 week old baby so we've been staying at home as much as possible I take the older 3 kids to the farm and we work on fence, fish etc to give momma and baby some alone rest time. I've been layed off from one of the largest factories for 3 weeks bc of the virus. I go back tomorrow really dreading it, I've never spent this much time with my family
Congratulations on the new baby. My husband stay home with our kids and me and never wanted to go back to work. He never realized what he missed when he was gone all day at work. I'm sure your woman definitely appreciate the alone to rest. Ya'll right up here on out neck the woods.

Latest posts