• I tell them to stick it where the sun don't shine

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Other

Votes: 1 20.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Nesikep

Reaction score
Well, for the Canadian farmers here... it's that time of year again when we get pestered eternally by some arses in suits asking us about every detail of our operation...

What are your feelings and reactions to them

How do you get on that list?? I've tried various methods in an attempt.. no dice.
We'd fill out the forms if they sent it by mail, but we don't like being called on a sunday morning by a person we cannot verify and having to divulge business and personal information.

Nesikep":3jgknkrt said:
How do you get on that list?? I've tried various methods in an attempt.. no dice.
We'd fill out the forms if they sent it by mail, but we don't like being called on a sunday morning by a person we cannot verify and having to divulge business and personal information.

They phoned once too many times at 6 am in the morning, leaving a message and wanting me to phone them back. Phoned me back one afternoon and I let into them. Very nasty conversation (that is the result of waking the giant from his slumber on multiple mornings). Told them I was tired of early calls by a bunch of foreign morons who don't know what times zones are. Also no longer interested in giving free personal production information to those who may benefit from such information and may use it against the industry as a whole for their own financial gain. They then tried to threaten me and said it was mandatory. Told them to sic the cops on me and bring more than one with lots of firepower, because I won't go quietly. Then when they tried to calm me down I said the conversation was done and to never phone back again because all they are just going to be wasting their time on one nasty pr!ck of a person. The woman in charge went from very forceful to very meek by the time the conversation was done. They have never phoned back since.

You have stand up for yourself with bureaucrats, and call their bluff, or they will walk all over you.

Aaron":29a9zluz said:
Nesikep":29a9zluz said:

They phoned once too many times at 6 am in the morning, leaving a message and wanting me to phone them back. Phoned me back one afternoon and I let into them. Very nasty conversation (that is the result of waking the giant from his slumber on multiple mornings). Told them I was tired of early calls by a bunch of foreign morons who don't know what times zones are. Also no longer interested in giving free personal production information to those who may benefit from such information and may use it against the industry as a whole for their own financial gain. They then tried to threaten me and said it was mandatory. Told them to sic the cops on me and bring more than one with lots of firepower, because I won't go quietly. Then when they tried to calm me down I said the conversation was done and to never phone back again because all they are just going to be wasting their time on one nasty pr!ck of a person. The woman in charge went from very forceful to very meek by the time the conversation was done. They have never phoned back since.

You have stand up for yourself with bureaucrats, and call their bluff, or they will walk all over you.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :tiphat:

I just downloaded the Statistics act, and it IS mandatory to reply, however I don't feel comfortable giving my information out over the phone.. anyone could pretend to be StatsCan. We told them if you wanted us to answer, send it by mail... They keep phoning. I'm going to have to look at what consists of harassment in legal terms and fire back at them with that. They say the maximum penalty for not replying, or providing false information is $500 and/or 3 months jail. IIRC

I do agree with you that knowing cattle numbers, trends, etc can well be used against the industry... If you know there'll be a million more calves available next fall, you aren't going to bid high for calves in the spring are you?

Nesikep":est3ah96 said:
I just downloaded the Statistics act, and it IS mandatory to reply, however I don't feel comfortable giving my information out over the phone.. anyone could pretend to be StatsCan. We told them if you wanted us to answer, send it by mail... They keep phoning. I'm going to have to look at what consists of harassment in legal terms and fire back at them with that. They say the maximum penalty for not replying, or providing false information is $500 and/or 3 months jail. IIRC

I do agree with you that knowing cattle numbers, trends, etc can well be used against the industry... If you know there'll be a million more calves available next fall, you aren't going to bid high for calves in the spring are you?

Oh, I know it is mandatory. And I called their bluff as to how far they were going to go to teach me a lesson. I used to provide false information all the time, to see if I could trigger a visit from Revenue Canada, and see if the information that Stats Can takes in, is actually confidential.

Latest posts