Condolences to Canada

Help Support CattleToday:

CottageFarm

Reaction score
My sincerest condolences on your loss in Ottawa yesterday. :frowns:
I wish that people like Trudeau would stop believing that if we're just nicer to them they'll stop trying to kill everyone.
Do they not remember Neville Chamberlain?

The media here tends to usually ignore anything that happens in Canada, but Drudge has the story close to the top this morning.

M'y Daughter goes to university in Halifax, just got a message that it's locked down because of someone downtown with a gun... I don't know what is happening. Yes, people just don't walk around with guns here, and no I don't wish to change that.

I always get skeptical about things like this when the gov't immediately has the solution to it.. More security. What I don't like is I don't think this will mean a whole lot more security in parliament, it'll be more surveillance, etc on you and I. Seriously though, if your goal was to mow down politicians, why would you shoot an innocent soldier outside and make a big scene? Doesn't it sound a lot like a movie, a LAST SECOND rescue? I find it a little hard to believe that parliament has less security than a 7-11, and considering the size of it, I know I'd have a hard time finding the right room there. A little part of me says the tragedy is the guy didn't succeed, though they'd all get replaced with carbon copy MP's, etc. and nothing would change.

Yes, I am cynical.

Nevertheless, I send my condolences to the family of the guard.

Nesikep":3cig0nsk said:
I always get skeptical about things like this when the gov't immediately has the solution to it.. More security. What I don't like is I don't think this will mean a whole lot more security in parliament, it'll be more surveillance, etc on you and I. Seriously though, if your goal was to mow down politicians, why would you shoot an innocent soldier outside and make a big scene? Doesn't it sound a lot like a movie, a LAST SECOND rescue? I find it a little hard to believe that parliament has less security than a 7-11, and considering the size of it, I know I'd have a hard time finding the right room there. A little part of me says the tragedy is the guy didn't succeed, though they'd all get replaced with carbon copy MP's, etc. and nothing would change.

Yes, I am cynical.

Nevertheless, I send my condolences to the family of the guard.
To a muslim terrorist "one kill" IS success...

Heck we leave the front door open to the White House. Our politicians are so arrogant and have their heads so far up their t-hineys they haven't a clue.

CottageFarm":10p08pwp said:
My sincerest condolences on your loss in Ottawa yesterday. :frowns:
I wish that people like Trudeau would stop believing that if we're just nicer to them they'll stop trying to kill everyone.
Do they not remember Neville Chamberlain?
Good post, CottageFarm.
Being nice to them was one of obummers points when he first started his run for the presidency.
I think very few people know anything about Neville Chamberlain. If they do they don't believe it is relevant for today.
So, I fear that history forgotten must be repeated. :help:

heck, Nesi, they are already here. Beheadings in Nebraska, shootings at Ft Hood. Trouble is that our Pres. is a Muslim who favors all of this. At least Canada doesn't have that problem.

Nesikep":2gbttkus said:
So you're hoping someone tries it there? :hide:

I wouldn't wish that on anyone but if its going to happen and it will happen till we wake up I just hope they continue to leave the front door unlocked and maybe our illustrious leaders will wake up and stop trying to coddle them.

why would you shoot an innocent soldier outside and make a big scene

Nesi, my cynical side says they kill the easy target, young soldier because they know nobody will actually do anything about it...thereby allowing them to easily continue their jihad against the west.
Kill a politician and politicians get offended and decide to take steps to protect themselves. Kill the average guy, and the politicians will wring their hands in a photo op or nice little sound byte, but then it's back to business as ususal (total inaction/non-effectiveness)
Yes, you're likely right that the only real consequence will be more loss of freedom and liberty for the average citizen. And many of those citizens will support it because it will give them some sense of (false) security. It's precisely what happened here, and one mustn't actually profile the likely suspects because they might get offended.

Thanks Ryder, I suppose you're right that few even know who Chamberlain is. It's terribly depressing that the repercussions of such a significantly stupid decision in moderately recent history are forgotten and/or ignored. Maybe I'm just getting old....

I just see Joe Blow being perfectly OK with losing his freedom in exchange for 'security', often because he's too darned complacent to take action himself.

There was an article in the paper to prevent antisemitism... it said "Observe, Record, Report"... We were all in AWE at this, as it sounded a whole lot like 1940's Germany... And this is what gutless Joe Blow will do, all empowered by insane homeland security laws that make it unnecessary for the law enforcement to have warrants, removes your right to legal counsel, etc.

It still baffles me why the man who was killed a guard if he didn't have a full clip in his rifle!