Squeezing the Customer

Help Support CattleToday:

slick4591

Reaction score
I've finally got the go ahead to load up and haul to Georgia to pick up my two bred heifers. Supposedly, we have been waiting because her vet couldn't get out to her place for health certificates. Yesterday I made my motel reservations and told her I'd be at her place the morning of the 19th to load.

This morning I get an email from her that my part of the vet bill is an additional $60. Well, this is the first I've heard of that since we had agreed upon a firm price for each animal. I called and she acted offended that I would question her about it and said I was the only person that ever questioned those charges. She also said everyone charges that but I know different because none of my other out of state sellers have ever asked for it. He!!, I don't ever charge my out of state customers that because that's just part of the price.

I'm not going to pitch a fit about it right now and I'll hand over the $60, but she'll damm sure get my two cents on squeezing customers at the end of the sale.

I would have sure felt better about it had that been discussed up front. Seems the two guys I'm hauling animals back for got the same email. They ain't pleased either.

I've been done this way before and went ahead with the buy.
Can guarantee I'll never have it happen again with that seller because they won't get a second chance.

To me if your selling cattle off the farm you have to do your best to ensure it's a good experience for the buyer. Repeat customers is where the money is long term.

pricefarm":w7pxqtbg said:
If it wasn't mentioned before until now I would tell her to shove it !

That thought crossed my mind until I realized she had $2000.00 of my dollars as deposit. As they say in Sweden; Hon har mig vid de korta håren!

slick4591":3s2f68kf said:
pricefarm":3s2f68kf said:

That thought crossed my mind until I realized she had $2000.00 of my dollars as deposit. As they say in Sweden; Hon har mig vid de korta håren!

ALL well that might change things lol. Those must be some nice heifers if that was only the deposit. What's another 60 bucks

pricefarm":fga617mk said:
slick4591":fga617mk said:
pricefarm":fga617mk said:

ALL well that might change things lol. Those must be some nice heifers if that was only the deposit. What's another 60 bucks

Guess you'd faint at the purchase price then. :lol:

slick4591":3sby90zl said:
pricefarm":3sby90zl said:
slick4591":3sby90zl said:

While you're headed this way Slick, come on by and I will fix you up with some good heifers. No deposit and free health papers. Gotta get some spray paint if you want them white though :lol2:

JMJ Farms":35kp364s said:
slick4591":35kp364s said:
pricefarm":35kp364s said:

While you're headed this way Slick, come on by and I will fix you up with some good heifers. No deposit and free health papers. Gotta get some spray paint if you want them white though :lol2:

I could do that, but the Myostatin results might be a problem. :lol:

slick4591":3bfj84sv said:
JMJ Farms":3bfj84sv said:
slick4591":3bfj84sv said:

No, no don't let that worry you at all. This is Georgia Slick. I'm sure I can find somebody that can fix em up with the necessary results :hide: :lol2:

JMJ Farms":1g1wfvnw said:
slick4591":1g1wfvnw said:
JMJ Farms":1g1wfvnw said:

No, no don't let that worry you at all. This is Georgia Slick. I'm sure I can find somebody that can fix em up with the necessary results :hide: :lol2:
Like one of our ex Sheriff's, they've had plenty of practice.

True Grit Farms":2eqmcg3q said:
JMJ Farms":2eqmcg3q said:
slick4591":2eqmcg3q said:

Like one of our ex Sheriff's, they've had plenty of practice.

Hardest part will be making sure they spell Myostatin correctly :lol2:

True Grit Farms":30tfjzbb said:
JMJ Farms":30tfjzbb said:
Slick you may have mentioned it in your other thread but I don't remember. Where is your destination in Georgia?
Maybe up around Dewey Rose?

Northeast of Athens correct? Was hoping it might be a little closer. Guess it will depend on where he comes in as to how close he will be to us. My guess would be he will come in on I20 and hit I85. But I'm only guessing.

JMJ Farms":2tj7fn52 said:
True Grit Farms":2tj7fn52 said:
JMJ Farms":2tj7fn52 said:
Slick you may have mentioned it in your other thread but I don't remember. Where is your destination in Georgia?
Maybe up around Dewey Rose?

Northeast of Athens correct? Was hoping it might be a little closer. Guess it will depend on where he comes in as to how close he will be to us. My guess would be he will come in on I20 and hit I85. But I'm only guessing.
Yes, he'll regret that, but there's not much choice.

Latest posts