Sqeeze chutes-again

Help Support CattleToday:

dun

Reaction score
After spending the better part of a day working an Elk River squeeze, I've come to the conclusion that I was right to get a Priefert. The Elk River has most of the drawbacks that the other swingin head gate ones have except that the cows can;t hit it and back up and open it wide enough to get through. But with the head gate set so that they can;t swing it all the way in, the cows are leery of sticking their heads through that narrow opening.

dun

My brother recently bought a SO4, and it is great. My 115 lb. Wife can operate it with ease. I have a Top Hand double squeeze that is ok but difficult for her to operate.

We have an M1 Silencer. No complaints on its operation. The cows seem to like it too.

Just bought a brand new Priefert. Expensive but good equipment and it will last forever.

Dun, as I have mentioned before, I use a WW brand that is at least 30 years old. I sand blasted it last year and repainted. Best investment I made in a long time.

flaboy+":37uhvfau said:
Dun, as I have mentioned before, I use a WW brand that is at least 30 years old. I sand blasted it last year and repainted. Best investment I made in a long time.

Always worked with a WW too and never a complaint from me.

Latest posts