Spring Work

Help Support CattleToday:

ArrowHBrand

Reaction score
Finally the snow is gone and riding isn't such a chore! I got my four year old Paint mare out a couple of weekends ago and pulled branches and blowdowns up to the burn pile with her. She had a little winter rust on her, but the big thing was to get her to realize that being away from the herd was alright and temporary. After that she performed like a champ. She's in a shedding frenzy, our barn aisled looked like we had installed white shag carpet! All of the horses wintered well. My wife's pleasure prospect seemed to "click" over the winter, everything she had learned must have made sense because my wife said she was performing better than ever. Next thing to do is to check pasture fence and condition. I can already see two trees that have fallen down that will need to be cleaned up before letting animals out to graze. How did everyone else's winter go? Spring rides yet?

Well, as you can imagine, we ride year round down here. Do have my first judged Cowboy Challenge this weekend. Pony hasn't been riden in about three weeks. Think I should ride him before the challenge? :D