Spring is a comin

Help Support CattleToday:

MO_cows

Reaction score
I had just recently made up my mind that this winter would never end. That way, if spring ever did come, it would be such a nice surprise! But then, this spectacle of nature greeted me this morning. The geese are on the move and usually that means spring isn't far behind. We live in the Missouri river bottoms, seems to be a major "flyway". The photo is just one side of the road, there were just as many geese in the field on the other side. Had to be 10's of thousands of them. Most of them were on the ground originally but when I got out of the car to take the picture all he!! broke loose.

geese1_2010.jpg

MO_cows":1when0jl said:
I had just recently made up my mind that this winter would never end. That way, if spring ever did come, it would be such a nice surprise! But then, this spectacle of nature greeted me this morning. The geese are on the move and usually that means spring isn't far behind. We live in the Missouri river bottoms, seems to be a major "flyway". The photo is just one side of the road, there were just as many geese in the field on the other side. Had to be 10's of thousands of them. Most of them were on the ground originally but when I got out of the car to take the picture all he!! broke loose.

geese1_2010.jpg

Holy birds,, what a great pic MO.. Spring has sprung.. :banana: :banana:
Lets hope they know more about this crazy weather than we do, as if they are sent into a cold snap we are in real deep doo doo... :(

Wife seen a ground hog today on top a 10 foot snow drift. We have about 3 feet of snow on the ground. If we don't get some sun soon that bugger is gonna be hungry.

Whew!!!! Look at all them dollars flying around..... in the grocery store around here a goose is $5.19 per pound.....

I know I'll be glad to see some warmer weather. The local weatherman on Channel 12 has said his prediction is that we won't get up to the 60's until March 10 and may see the 70's by March 20th..... I hope he's right ..... just 9 more days to go...... supposed to be 55 degrees this weekend.

A week or 2 ago we had geese migrating north over us day and night. Haven;t heard or seen any now for almost a week. But, the temps are supposed to be up to "normal" bynext week-end. That will sure beat running 20 degrees below normal like they have been

We have a little green everywhere in the pastures,and supposed to be in the 60's the next 4 or 5 days.
Maybe it will kick the pasture grass in overdrive.

Cal

Latest posts