Spring Calving in Arkansas

Help Support CattleToday:

crossbredcalves

Reaction score
I don't post often, but I thought I would post some recent calf pictures.
I had 5 calves in the fall, out of a Saler bull and Saler cross cows.

This spring, I have 6 calving, 4 done so far. I got pictures of three of them this evening. All are out of a Charolais bull.

This first pair: Judith is a 4 year old cow out of a Charolais bull and a Holstein cross cow. I raised her on the bottle after her mom got down having her and never got up. Heifer calf born May 29.

This next pair: This black cow is a 4 year old. She's out of a black bull and a black and white, Longhorn cow. This is her second calf. Heifer born on June 7.

Third Pair: This Longhorn cow is around 10 years old. Dad bought her at a sale as a 5 year old and I traded for her. She always raises a standout calf. Her bull calf was born on May 11.

I don't have any really good pictures of the latest calf. This little yellow cow has been a good one. She is at least 10 years old. She is out of herd of Longhorn cows that had four different breeds of bulls running with them. She had a solid yellow bull calf on June 8.

I still have two more cows to calve out of the Charolais bull. One is a little Belted cow. This is her second calf. Out of the Saler bull, she had a sold black bull calf. I am interested to see what kind of coloration she has out of the Charolais bull. The last cow is a black Angus, Jersey cross cow.