Spots on hide of bull

Help Support CattleToday:

Hardin Farms

Reaction score
As i was walking around the cows at the trough yesterday, i noticed some spots had shown up on my bull. Does anyone know what these might be and how can i treat it?

Thanks in advance!

That's ringworm. There are tons of various treatments recommended. We've only had it on some show stock (shows are notorious for being great places to pick up shyte like this), and found hemorrhoid cream worked well (buy online, trust me!).

I wouldn't treat unless you need to take him to a show. Ringworm goes away on its own.

I treat ringworm the same way I treat warts; ignore it. Time & sunshine do wonders. One of these days you'll walk out there and it will be completely gone, fur will come back, you won't be able to tell.

TCRanch said:
I treat ringworm the same way I treat warts; ignore it. Time & sunshine do wonders. One of these days you'll walk out there and it will be completely gone, fur will come back, you won't be able to tell.

Agreed! Had a case run through my herd after June working and left them alone and it eventually cleared up after 3 or so weeks. Didn't seem to spread to the March born calves which was my biggest concern.

Thank for the replies guys. I hoped that would be the consensus. I'll keep an eye on it just to see how it progresses. after a few days, it seems it may actually may be regressing. Thank you for your experience and expertise!!!

Latest posts