Speaking of oops babies

Help Support CattleToday:

Silver

Reaction score
This little girl calved this morning at 448 days of age. Took her no time to have it, and he was up in just a few minutes. If everything goes as planned I will keep the pair together this winter with my replacements, and turn her out with the bulls at the same time as the rest of the herd next May.
90EE9CAD-B30E-4D18-8E81-60481530AF22.jpeg

This little girl calved this morning at 448 days of age. Took her no time to have it, and he was up in just a few minutes. If everything goes as planned I will keep the pair together this winter with my replacements, and turn her out with the bulls at the same time as the rest of the herd next May.
View attachment 4905
I'm still trying to find "this LITTLE girl" in the picture!
🤣
The darker one looks little-ER..

Every first calf heifer here, gets their very own bucket of feed, when the calf is born!

Their little slice of heaven for doing a good job. And I can tag the calf and see how mama acts. Then its straight back to being a cow. 😁

1y 3m success, I'm starting to think too many worry too much about heifer calving ages. Adequate growth early calving should equal increased lifetime pounds weaned.
I agree to a point. If they were all grown out as well as the one @Silver calls little, then we would all be way ahead of the curve.
Nice looking heifer and calf....

She looks good but I would have her bred back as soon as possible.
She wouldn't breed back in time to fit my 60 day calving season, so if I wait until next years breeding season to expose her she will be right in sync with her contemporaries and have had the same number of calves. And hopefully stay with the herd for years to come.

Latest posts