Southern States Stores

Help Support CattleToday:

skyhightree1

Reaction score
I got 10 boxes of 25 porcelanelectric fencing insulators for 15 bucks. A electric fence charger that plugs in for up to 2 miles to put around my chicken coupe for 25 bucks. I love southern states if they have product that doesn't move they discount the hell out of it I will forever shop at that store for all my supplies. Does anyone else shop there?

really? I didn't know that I get a ton of stuff here on sale i just got some forefront r&p in gallon jugs for 15 dollars a piece cause they weren't selling.

The one here is not owned by Southern States as they are in your area. They are a coop that was formed years ago to save people money by selling southern states products. Not happening here. Most of their products are the same but prices arent.

Anybody remember when they gave away shotguns? They also used to give jackets away right and left. I had a neighbor that would get a little garden seed, and a few bags of 10-10-10 in the spring. He would leave with a new jacket every spring. I asked once why corn was so high when I would get feed ground. They told me it was a co-op somebody had to keep the lights turned on.

Now that I think about everything yall are saying I remember when I was a kid the local farm store where I grew up was a co op they had the ss sign but they always had catalogs for you to order from it was about maybe 150-200 pages. I wish I had one of those old catalogs now to compare prices.

They gave me a semi-truck full of feed and mineral that the mice got in that they couldn't sell. They recently gave me a 50 lb bag full of fencing twist ties. I like doing business with them. Of course I just got the itemized receipt of what I bought from them this year and I think they like me too. :lol2: :lol2:

I like Southern States...better than Tractor Supply. As was stated earlier, where I am in Va. they are Co-Ops. I prefer the one in Madison over the one in C'Ville.

Katherine

southern states came through again 3 75k btu kerosene forced air heaters for 125.01 new 2 in box one display made by mr heater normally 199.99 each

kenny thomas":3l65c8ya said:
You and hooknline are gonna have to start sharing the goodies. :clap:

I will start sharing I promise lol i only paid 41 dollars for each one lol

2013-02-01_22-31-37_298_zpsce08d4fb.jpg

ResizedImage_1359776101980_zps2b163e3c.jpg

TennesseeTuxedo":2hr4nula said:
dryfork":2hr4nula said:
Got a couple close across Ohio river in Kentucky. Get fertilizer, seed, mineral, vaccine, and a few small things. Good service.

You must be talking about the Warsaw, KY store. Young fella named Stewart is the manager. I like those guys a lot.
Yeah Warsaw is the closest Owenten is on the way to stockyards. Checked fertilizer prices last time I got minerals seemed cheaper than last year.

My in-laws live and raise cattle in Warsaw. If you stay on Hwy 35 after leaving Hwy 42 heading towards the Interstate you pass right by their place. They also own the land the new highway crossing the Markland Dam going towards I-71 crosses right there at the river.

I just bought a 150 poly stock tank today for 35.00 and 2 5 gallon buckets of black ashphalt fence paint for 10.00 each

Latest posts