sores on bulls bag

Help Support CattleToday:

dj

Reaction score
Any thoughts on what in the world's going on here?
bullnutsores.jpg

TurnThatCowLooseMaw":s0rg0nph said:
Is that his balls? I cant really tell? I wonder if its herpes or some sort of std that bovines can get?
No it's his tonsils

I wouldn't worry about it. Lots of bulls get that from their nust rubbing on the ground when they lay down or get up. Especially if they are laying in a muddy area. Won't hurt the performance of the bull. BTW how did you get a picture like that? He should be fine.

Ok now for some reason I got the picture after postin. looks like it's inflamed around the scabs......if you can get a picture like that you should be able to put somethin on there. I'd be for tryin an anti fungus spray or cream. maybe some neosporin for the itch....could be caused by flys also.

jersey lilly":210eyuo1 said:
ENNOT":210eyuo1 said:
I wouldn't worry about it. Lots of bulls get that from their nust rubbing on the ground when they lay down or get up. Especially if they are laying in a muddy area. Won't hurt the performance of the bull. BTW how did you get a picture like that? He should be fine.
Ok now for some reason I got the picture after postin. looks like it's inflamed around the scabs......if you can get a picture like that you should be able to put somethin on there. I'd be for tryin an anti fungus spray or cream. maybe some neosporin for the itch....could be caused by flys also.

Thanks the vet confirms it could be flys.
more than likely is excessive rubbing.
I was thinking an oil base fly repellent?
Doesn't seem to bother him at all. I only noticed because of his attraction to a larger frame cow.
First experience with a light color bull. Now I wonder if it's happened before and I didn't see it on black skin :oops:

TLCfromARK":1q9jx7fn said:
dun":1q9jx7fn said:
Sure makes me want to scratch!

dun

:lol: :lol: ;-)
Now I don't want a picture of your's, Dun, but if they itch you have my permission to commence relieving said itch. Might be a good idea to have someone else with clean nails do it tho, as you being busy, might have dirty nails, and make said problem worse.

Boy I am still wondering how you got that pic myself.
I have seen the problem caused by flies also.
Just can't get over that picture and thinking how you took it.

does look like bovine herpe's you sometimes see them on cow teats come from a virus if it is aint nothing you can do anyway that i know of. i would'nt worry about it yet

Caustic Burno":2ogjcqfl said:
Boy I am still wondering how you got that pic myself.
I have seen the problem caused by flies also.
Just can't get over that picture and thinking how you took it.
I'm wondering how you lived through the photo session -
bulls have very large hooves!

Guess that's why MO is called the "Show me State" :lol: :lol:

It seemed so simple when I did it. I just didn't think about anyone even caring how the picture got, got.
So here are some choices fer ya.
A; laid on the ground and made sounds like a cowpaddy till he passed over.
B; Own the fastest 4 wheel drive mechanics creeper available
C; Put down a flake of alfalfa to take his mind off things and have a camera with swivel lense.

answer below

camerapic.jpg

answer below well i give you credit for a good picture some pictures on here they ask what do you think this is? you can't even tell if its a cow your looking at let alone what the problem is your looking at ;-)

camerapic.jpg
[/quote]

Fly bites. If you can get that close to take a picture, get some SWAT.. it's used on sores on horses, but it works great on cattle. Sticks very well and also has fly repelent.

Best of all, it's bright pink. Your bull will love that.

Latest posts