Son's puppy

Help Support CattleToday:

W-5

Reaction score
My wife and I have to tell our 8 & 6 year old sons that their puppy has died. It had parvo, and we had it put to sleep. They are out of town at their grandparents for the week, and ask about him every night. It's not going to be a good friday, which is when we go pick them up.

That's gonna be tough . I had to learn about death at a young age . My father worked out of town and I had to shoot my dog when I was 10 he had parvovirus too . Now I vaccinate my dogs my self . It's only 5 bucks a shot at the feed store .

We lost a pup to parvo back before they even knew what it was. It's better that he's already dead and gone then to put the kid through the hoping and wishing and then the heartbreak of it dying anyway.

make sure any dog you get from now on, has a full set of shots for parvo BEFORE you bring it home.Once you have it on your place its years before it goes away.

heres hoping that the kids willwhen you tell them about their puppy.its hard to loose any dog.but its tougher when its your lil1s dog.

Latest posts