Son's 1st Elk

Help Support CattleToday:

Boldcat

Reaction score
I thought I'd share a pic of my youngest son with his first elk. He took it last evening in a herd of 8 cows . He was so exited and I was so happy for him. He sure puts in alot of calving checks at night and really is a huge help to me on the farm . It's nice to see him rewarded with an experience like this.
P1010369.jpg

Doesn;t have much of anywhere to go but down in horn size. Nice bull!

I don't think he will probably ever get a bigger one.
It was good timing too because his brother left for college the day before and he was feeling down because they were really close.

Jogeephus,A a good fat elk especially a yearling is pretty good I don't really know what to compare it to. But a rutting herdbull tastes just rotten.I used to hunt elk alot when my kids were little because we were trying to save money for the farm. I would take a yearling if I could.
This bull was just coming into rut and did'nt stink and was quite fat.
I picked it up with our skidder and carried it home and butchered it on our slaughter cradle to keep it real clean.
We gave a side each to friends,one of which had been hunting all week and seen nothing.
Last night I took my daughter out for whitetails with ml. We had a good buck real close but she could'nt
get a clear shot at him.

Latest posts