Son to Graduate Basic Training

Help Support CattleToday:

WagaAgeyv

Reaction score
Son Graduates Basic on Thursday. We are getting excited. Family day is Wednesday so we get to spend all day with hm 9to9. He just wants to swim and eat real food and see a movie. Can't wait!

Army Strong! Go Army! OOOOHHHAAAAHHHHH!
This hurts a bit being Navy veteran but he is my son!

WagaAgeyv":27t7k59a said:
Son Graduates Basic on Thursday. We are getting excited. Family day is Wednesday so we get to spend all day with hm 9to9. He just wants to swim and eat real food and see a movie. Can't wait!

Army Strong! Go Army! OOOOHHHAAAAHHHHH!
This hurts a bit being Navy veteran but he is my son!

Congratulations! Got to spend a few days with my oldest when he graduated from "Navy" basic.

I know exactly how you feel and how you will feel at graduation. Enjoy.

Congratulations! What are you going to cook up for him? I know ya'll will be so glad to see him.

How long does basic last?

Please tell him Thank you from me also.

You have every right and reason to be proud of that young man.

God bless him...and God bless you...

Alice

Congrats...he is proud..but so are all of us...let him know how great his accomplishment is! Tell him :)

I hope you enjoy your day with him. Be sure to take pictures.. I remember 8 yrs. ago when I got to spend graduation day with my son in Ft. Knox. It was great. All that young man wanted was ice cream and fried chicken.
Yes, it is a proud time for you and for him. Hug him tight and tell him how proud all of us are.
God Bless him and God Bless ya'll

WagaAgeyv":1ipgbbeb said:
Army Strong! Go Army! OOOOHHHAAAAHHHHH!This hurts a bit being Navy veteran but he is my son!

Sounds like your son has good taste. Congratulations!! (and to him too). Sneak a nutty buddy to him for me.....

Congrats!!!!!! :D :D :D :D
Nothing is greater after boot camp then finally seeing your family again.
Give him a hug from all of us.
Semper Fi!

I hope you both enjoyed the day and that you told him how much we appreciate what he is doing.

My oldest is home on leave from Iraq this week and I'm enjoying it greatly, especially when he helped me repair some fence. It was great just spending the time with him and asking him for some "war stories". It's very interesting getting an insider's view of what is really going on over there. It's going to be awfully hard letting him go back to finish his tour even though he only has about six weeks to go before he comes home for good.

Congrats! I know when I graduated basic the only things I wanted to eat were fatty and unhealthy. After 9 weeks of healthy food I wanted junk food. Give him a pat on the back and an attaboy for me.

Thanks for all the great comments. Here are the pictures I took. I am very proud. Warpaint missed out on the festivities but was able to be home the next day to see him. He is a proud Step-Dad. He is back home and drilling, finishing last fall semester of school (to graduate) then off to AIT for MOS Training. He applied for Masonery-Carpentry, wanted mechanic, but they were full, but has since thought he would really like Infantry. He is itching to get back into military routine, so I have suspicion he will go active. He is better with strict routines. Say your prayers!

Oh and as far as food goes, he wanted Steak and took us all to eat including my Mom who went with us. First time to be able to do something for the family and has been great since, coming home. Very helpful. They most certainly did help him grow up. Thanks US Army!

Here are photos, this is Family Day with my daughter Krystal, Bryan, Me and my other son Kelly
103_2499.jpg

He always stand at parade rest, no matter what, I almost forgot about that feeling. LOOOOONNNNGGG AAAAGGOOO!
Graduation day Kelly, Bryan and Krystal
100_2569.jpg

Latest posts