Something else is biting this time of year...

Help Support CattleToday:

It's a mistake to think that catfish only eat dead stinky stuff. They are definitely predators!

kenny thomas said:
JMJ Farms said:
GB, all you need now is some grease.

I've caught a few on spinnerbaits over the years. And one on a rubber worm.
That looks like a spoon to me.

Probably is. I can't tell. My phone won't make the picture big enough. I was just agreeing that if they're hungry they're subject to bite anything.

JMJ Farms said:
kenny thomas said:
JMJ Farms said:
GB, all you need now is some grease.

I've caught a few on spinnerbaits over the years. And one on a rubber worm.
That looks like a spoon to me.

Probably is. I can't tell. My phone won't make the picture big enough. I was just agreeing that if they're hungry they're subject to bite anything.

I mean like a real eating spoon. I think he is jerking our chain. Lol

kenny thomas said:
JMJ Farms said:

I mean like a real eating spoon. I think he is jerking our chain. Lol

Oh. Ten4. He may very well be. I'm gonna have to get my laptop where I can zoom in closer.

It's one of these:

Easy to rig weedless for my lilypads and deadly when bass aren't hitting spinners.

I do use a spoon sometimes but usually end up with crappie hitting it......or dam gar.

haase..The pond was built in the mid 70s and has not been managed very well. It's just overwhelmed with largemouth bass. I restocked the pond with 200 channel cat fingerlings in 2010 & used to feed them but after the Harvey flood turned my whole place into just one big pond in Sept 2017, I only saw one or 2 cats come up to feed, where there were dozens before Harvey so I quit feeding. Evidently, still got a few left in there.
Flood didn't seem to affect the bass population tho.

GB, large mouth can raise havoc in a pond or lakes, not bad if you're into large mouth, more lakes up north have been taken over by them, lakes that were known for walleye or northern aren't like they were before, when the Dnr stocks lake they have to be bigger than fingerlings to survive, sounds like the flood didn't help you much either.

Latest posts