Some stats to consider

Help Support CattleToday:

rkaiser":1oa6rdlx said:
http://say.oldscollege.ab.ca/archive/2005/SAYSUM0405.HTM

Have a look folks. Go back a few years and tell me what you think of the performance and feed efficiency of those Galloway calves.

I'm impressed Randy. Those are impressive stats! Were any of those your calves or progeny of?

Not mine Mike, but similar genetic pool to some of our cattle.

In 2003/2005 we had a set of Welsh Black crossbreds from our herd in the trial. Don't know why the stats aren't there other than the fact that one steer died late in the trial. Gain was better than the Welsh Blacks in 2004/2005.

rkaiser":1bbhv624 said:
http://say.oldscollege.ab.ca/archive/2005/SAYSUM0405.HTM

Have a look folks. Go back a few years and tell me what you think of the performance and feed efficiency of those Galloway calves.

There is SUPPOSEDLY one of the top belted Galloway herds in the country here in West TN. I believe they were donated to the local college by an elderly couple who were retiring. I gotta say they are pretty animals out there grazing on that green grass across from the main campus.

Excuse me Mr. Kaiser, I was wondering how 11J is doing raising my herdbull. :p :lol: :p

Yeah, belties are a pretty sight, but it's darn tough to find good quality animals. There's just not many of 'em in Western Canada. Some good herds in the East from what I've seen and read.

I love showing off those Olds College numbers to the commercial breeders around here. The efficiency numbers are something that alot of cattlemen don't follow, but it can't get anymore black and white than seeing how many pounds of feed it takes to put a pound of beef on.

Well if you ever catch up on those dance lessons and call me back I could tell you my plan.

When dads take their little girls to dance lessons, do they have to where a tootoo too?

You've got it all back-a$$-wards there rkaiser. SHE'S dropping ME off at dance lessons.

And, yes, I have to wear a too-too. :oops: :oops:

Latest posts