some solid-colored cows...

Help Support CattleToday:

milkmaid

Reaction score
...not the black and white holsteins I usually post pictures of. :lol: And so, of course, these cows aren't mine. Neighbor's heifers. Enjoy. :)

rrcows.jpg

rrcow1.jpg

Those are some nice looking black herefords. THose girls look like they could wear Demetrius out! although i'm not sure how that one cow can find the grass through all that brisket...

milkmaid - Do you know how old those girls are? Y'all sure grow 'em big in Idaho! :lol:

cfpinz

Wow Milkmaid,

Your neighbor certainly likes depth of rib!! I could stand to see a couple of them with more bone and I wonder if he didn't feed them almost a little too much (too much grain can lead to fat deposits around the udder resulting in lifetime decreased milk production); but all in all I have to say excellent set of heifers. I think they will do well for him.

Angus the way they were meant to be.

Plenty fat, though, hope it doesn't hurt their lifetime production ability.

mtnman

mtnman":2yogp1er said:

mtnman

What makes you so sure they are Angus?

They are angus. Registered angus. I thought you folks would enjoy looking at some of these girls - it's taken me awhile, but I've seen enough pictures on here that I'm starting to recognize good beef cows when I see them. 8)

I actually don't believe they're as fat as they appear. I saw them hunting up a lot of their own feed this past winter and pawing through the snow. I know they were getting a little bit of dry hay but I seriously doubt they were getting grained - although I can't say that with absolute certainty.

MM

THOSE ARE MY KIND OF CATTLE!!!!! Milkmaid could ya set me up with a name and number? semen may be in order. Look at the depth there... beautiful...

mtnman":3buv7koh said:

mtnman
Those gals look a little more deep than fat to me. ;-)

jaydill":flqtauvq said:
mtnman":flqtauvq said:

mtnman
Those gals look a little more deep than fat to me. ;-)

They are waaayy deep, large volume heifers that were made to flesh easily or I think he could really have had problems. Look at the pics....ribs, hooks, pins, shoulders!! are all completely covered with condition and they look like they got 20 lbs of fat hanging up under the brisket. Those heifers are FAT. Now they might not be ready to grade USDA high choice but they are on the heavy side for breeding heifers.....I don't think they are ""too fat"", but he is walking a fine line to me. Of course the rancher or manager sees them all the time (wheras I have just one photo) and from the look of those heifers, he has done this before so I bet he didn't go too far with them.

Latest posts