Some Pics of the Creatures

Help Support CattleToday:

randiliana

Reaction score
Some are new, some have been around her for a while. Here is some of what you might find on a walk around our farm.

First off, with the new.

This is Zoey, we just picked her up yesterday, although I had spoken for her when she was a day old. She's papered QH, although I don't have them right now, and have absolutely no idea what her breeding is. We bought her from a friend and local breeder.

xy_DSC01019.jpg

xy_DSC01023.jpg

xy_DSC01017.jpg

This guy I invited home for dinner ;-) the other day from the sale. Weighs in at 950 lbs or so, and hopefully will be on our plate in Jan or Feb. I'm thinking he's Holstien x Gelbveih.....
xy_DSC01039.jpg

This is the son's 4H steer, he wasn't too terribly co-operative, he was more interested in having his breakfast. He weighed 650 in mid Oct. Born Apr 12. BW 104, Oct 10 WW 607. He's mostly Gelbveih
The side view is a little on the angle.
xy_DSC01035.jpg

xy_DSC01034.jpg

Here is one of my Muscovy drakes. He's a June hatch and is coming close to what I want my Black Muscovies to look like. I'm pretty happy with him.
xy_DSC01025.jpg

And, finally, a couple of heifers that we raised this year. Not necessarily the best, but 2 that posed half decently anyways.

#112, Red Angus mama, Black Angus sire. Born Apr 8, BW 90, Oct 10 WW 568
xy_DSC01044.jpg

#129, Shorthorn mama, Black Angus sire. Born Apr 11, BW 83, Sept 29 WW 514
xy_DSC01046.jpg

And there you go, I have other stuff around, maybe tomorrow, I will get some of the Turkeys and some of the other heifers.

Beautiful filly. Has she been HYPP tested? That stuff scares me. Would you be supprised to know she's a minimal marked Sabino?

peg4x4":15lea6x4 said:
Beautiful filly. Has she been HYPP tested? That stuff scares me. Would you be supprised to know she's a minimal marked Sabino?

Thanks, peg. No she hasn't been tested, but I am quite sure that she won't have any Impressive in her pedigree. The guy we got her from is raising Foundation QH. I'm not really surprised, can't say that I had really thought about it conciously, but that doesn't shock me. Now, I will have to go look up color stuff on the internet :nod: .

And, Chrisy, thank you for the compliment.

I'm jealous of that filly! And the rest of the critters look good, too. My mom used to have Muscovy ducks and they were mostly white and ugly as sin.

Randi you don't necessarily have to take my word for it but your filly could be straighter in the front. You could probably have her corrected a lot by just having her trimmed right now while she is young. Maybe have a farrier take a look at her sooner rather than later.

Otherwise she's a dandy and looks like she is gonna get a lot taller before she is through.

I also like that GV steer. He looks like he is gaining real well.

3waycross":2i40xpiy said:
Randi you don't necessarily have to take my word for it but your filly could be straighter in the front. You could probably have her corrected a lot by just having her trimmed right now while she is young. Maybe have a farrier take a look at her sooner rather than later.

Otherwise she's a dandy and looks like she is gonna get a lot taller before she is through.

I also like that GV steer. He looks like he is gaining real well.

I know that photo makes her look a bit bad, but I'm pretty sure it was just the way she was standing. But, now I'm going to have to go check her out good in the morning :nod: just to make sure. And, I guess try and get a better head on shot :kid: . She's a sweetheart too, really, really quiet and calm. I'll get started halterbreaking in the next few days, but she's never really been handled at all, and she will come right up to you and almost let you pet her. Won't take too long to tame her down..... I agree, I think she's going to have some height to her too.

That steer should be gaining well, I've never seen one quite as aggressive as he is with his food. We've had to feed some of the more timid ones seperately, he won't let them eat.

those are some fine looking critters you have there.an that filly looks tobe 1 fine bred horse.

Randiliana your filly is very flashy, is she for you or are you going to share her with the kids ??

As far as the steer I find that with all of my gv's, nothing distracts them when there is food around ... :lol2:

hillsdown":28zyajpe said:
Randiliana your filly is very flashy, is she for you or are you going to share her with the kids ??

As far as the steer I find that with all of my gv's, nothing distracts them when there is food around ... :lol2:

She is supposedly for me, but if her temprament holds true, I'm pretty sure the kids will get her soon enough.

Well, that guy and the Milk Cow's calf are utter pigs for grain. It's nice, shouldn't have to worry about him going off feed any time something changes....

Ryder":njmcc2js said:
Filly is really nice looking. Especally if you get her straightened up a little in the front. :clap:
Hope your turkeys look better than that duck. That is an ugly bird. :(

Yep, she is pretty sweet. And, having looked at her again this morning, she is a little toed out. Shouldn't be too hard to fix though.

Awwww, come on now, how can you insult that fellow, he's absolutely gorgeous compared to my older drakes :lol2: :lol2:

randiliana":3el8juj2 said:
Ryder":3el8juj2 said:
Filly is really nice looking. Especally if you get her straightened up a little in the front. :clap:
Hope your turkeys look better than that duck. That is an ugly bird. :(

Yep, she is pretty sweet. And, having looked at her again this morning, she is a little toed out. Shouldn't be too hard to fix though.

Awwww, come on now, how can you insult that fellow, he's absolutely gorgeous compared to my older drakes :lol2: :lol2:

They are the ugliest ducks in thw world but neat to look at. I had one when I was a kid, my Grandma called him Farouk after the ugly king of Egypt by the same name.

Latest posts