Some cattle pics

Help Support CattleToday:

Reaction score
Since I give every one else hell all the time here is yalls chance for pay back. My new addition. :D

He's like 3/4 Hereford 1/4 Brahman. They have to put half blood heifers in some time so he could favor a little over 1/4.
LDRBull.jpg

Had these cows on my phone.
N_Cow.jpg

N_Cow2.jpg

The right type of bull will do wonders for those cows, they look very functional. Just don't think your new addition is going do much for them.

I agree with Knersie but I have to say i like the udders on those cows!

Why not a herf on those girls?

3waycross":3fa4idoe said:

Vic, you should know there is nothing to gain!

Those Brimmer girls are my kind of cattle. Go back on them with a good Char or Hereford bull and ring the bell at the barn. Trim a little ear tighten up the hide a little with one of those bull's and let those momma cow's raise one he!! of a calf. I started a long time ago with some just like them. Those girls can eat barb wire and briar's raise a calf and keep BCS all at the same time. They are also the reason my pen's are made out of drill stem.

KNERSIE":z497egrc said:
3waycross":z497egrc said:

Vic, you should know there is nothing to gain!

in this instance that might be the right combination.
knersie you know anything about hereford cattle ? :D

I have not been able to find a Hereford bull that will hold up in our area.

The Brindle Bull at the top is not on those cattle. I have a set of more uniform, straight black, Brangus cows he is on. The cows in the pic have an Angus Plus bull on them. I have 3 heifers off them that are shaping up pretty nice. They show alot of the angus so I have some mixed feelings but if they hold up... it doesn't really matter.

The purpose of that Brindle Bull is to produce hardy, motley face mommas to keep. He is big, gulf coast ranch raised and the guy who breeds them has been doing it for like 20 or 30yrs. The proof is in the pudding though so we will see. :tiphat:

Caustic Burno":h718e92f said:
Those Brimmer girls are my kind of cattle. Go back on them with a good Char or Hereford bull and ring the bell at the barn. Trim a little ear tighten up the hide a little with one of those bull's and let those momma cow's raise one he!! of a calf. I started a long time ago with some just like them. Those girls can eat barb wire and briar's raise a calf and keep BCS all at the same time. They are also the reason my pen's are made out of drill stem.

Its kind of a Dr Jekyll Mr Hyde thing. I pen them, catch the calves, do most any thing I need with them by myself.... slow and easy.... no problems. If I am moving Bulls or vac or some thing like that I get my dad or another guy to help work the gates. If you get rowdy and think you are gonna cowboy them its about to get rowdy. :D

Caustic Burno":y8cqeb9h said:
Let the record show that CB has officially suggested the use of a CHAR BULL. Or better yet, I'll bet his login has been hacked. :lol:

Isomade":2h69st85 said:
Caustic Burno":2h69st85 said:
Let the record show that CB has officially suggested the use of a CHAR BULL. Or better yet, I'll bet his login has been hacked. :lol:

Isom I think using Char bulls make a wonderful cross. Just as long as the pallet head things are in somebody else's pasture.
I just can't get over the night terror's thinking one is in mine.

Brute you would be money ahead if you would put a Herf or Char on those cows during a breeding season and bring them back in. That is you don't they can hold up in your enviroment. You would put a lot of frog hides in your billfold if you would trim some ear hide and sheath. You have the right kinda of cattle, now get that brindle color off those steer calves with a little hide removal and you will laugh all the way to the bank.

3waycross":2pmwzkyn said:
ALACOWMAN":2pmwzkyn said:
3waycross":2pmwzkyn said:
just right for growing terminal calves

explanation..please.
big growthy terminal calves, ... drinking from a horn of plenty

I refuse to have a bull I have to bring in and put feed to.... I'll hang it up and start fishing more before that happens. :D Plus, when I run the numbers on what mthe calves are selling for vs the bell ringers its not enough to justify the extra work.

Here are the 3 heifers (solid black) I'm holding on to for the moment. I have mixed feelings about them. They are out of those cows in the pics and an Angus Plus bull. They have been on just grass and a hand full of cubes every now and then to get them some interaction with people.

H4.jpg

H3.jpg

H2.jpg

H1.jpg

you have some nice looking heifers there.an they are carring nice flesh.dont worry about what people think just run the bulls that suit an fitt your needs.my calves wont ring the bells at the sale barn but im happy with emm an thats all that matters.

Brute, if your dead set on this line of breeding, go over to the King's Ranch. One of those Santa Cruz bulls would be able to hang with your cows, and would improve your calf crop .

Latest posts