Sold calves today in OKC.

Help Support CattleToday:

crimsoncrazy

Reaction score
They are having a run of about 11,000 head. Luckily our commission firm was up front. Just amazing watching what the cattle are bringing today. These are what ours brought.

25 head of steers weighing 735 brought 213.00 for $1,565.55 a head.
12 head of steers weighing 865 brought 195.00 for $1,686.75 a head.

The heifer prices were crazy.

10 head of heifers weighing 605 brought 237.00 for $1,433.85 a head.
37 head of heifers weighing 745 brought 194.00 for $1,445.30 a head.

Bigfoot":2p7i5opx said:
Somebody bring me to speed on how okc works.
As far as I know OKC is the only sale in the country that still runs like this. There is the yards and the owner has one of the commission company's. then there's about 6 or so other commision company's that sell at the yards, they pay half of what they get in commision to the owner of the stockyards. Then on sale day there's a rotation each week of the order they all sell. I talked to the owner of one of the company's a couple weeks ago, I've been thinking about hauling some over there.

it's actually on my bucket list. I've been as far as Kiowa Oklahoma. not sure how far that is from okc.

If I remember correctly Bourbon Stock Yards in Louisville used to be that way. I can still remember the commission companies names painted on the windows of the 2-story office building.

Bigfoot":9j5ai08q said:
it's actually on my bucket list. I've been as far as Kiowa Oklahoma. not sure how far that is from okc.

You have to walk on about 250-300 yards of catwalk over the pens to get to the auction house.

Bigfoot":lrnjdu05 said:
Never heard of such.
I don't think there was ever any or very many yards much east of here where I am that sold that way. It's a old way of doing things and how the big stockyards use to do it. We had one like that a hour from here in one of the bigger city's till about 15 years ago, was in the middle of town and on the railroad tracks so they could load them on trains. At one time it was one of the biggest in the country, now it's gone and you would never know it had been there.

Sim-ang_king, you need to slow down and smell the rose's. You're going to be a old man before you know it. Try not to and miss anything while your growing old.

highgrit":1k6gnden said:
Sim-ang_king, you need to slow down and smell the rose's. You're going to be a old man before you know it. Try not to and miss anything while your growing old.

At that time a chain saw, and staying alive was more important.

Latest posts