Sold an old cow

Help Support CattleToday:

Here's the pic, downsized though:

Old_cow.jpg
[/img]

Aaron":34s98jry said:
Good stuff. One of those ugly profit-making cows that keeps everything afloat.
Last year she had the only heifer I remember her having. Every year she raised one of the best steers in the bunch.

Sounds like you sure made out good on her. Cull prices are not that high around here. Was she palpated bred? I wonder for that price if she didn't go back to someones pasture?

sidney411":37a1fs6r said:
Sounds like you sure made out good on her. Cull prices are not that high around here. Was she palpated bred? I wonder for that price if she didn't go back to someones pasture?
rancher's in texas pulled some of our cull cattle price's back out of the pits. do to the drought here and need to restock there helped our situation some. i bet the cull price in texas would be lower right now. not that they were buying our cull's but some that were forced to sell the good one's

sidney411":p70nys1p said:
I didn't have her palpated at the salebarn since she was so old. She was probably a couple months bred.

tpm":2dnqao1f said:
From the picture--that cow could almost pass as a bull... :shock:
She wasn't a real feminine looking cow for sure, plus she was a real big cow.

Latest posts