Soil test results

Help Support CattleToday:

TNtrout23

Reaction score
Soil test results are finally back. I don't think they look to bad. This is my first time doing soil testing. I never thought of taking care of a pasture can be broken down into a science. Looks like I'm low in P but everything else is fine. So what needs to be down to accommodate my P levels? Can this be purchased alone for a Tennessee farmers coop? Any grass masters thoughts will be greatly appreciated before I start throwing money at something I have no idea about. This is pasture land only btw.

Attachments

• 0F22E160-7390-4945-8233-7B182ED6DE3E.png
    0F22E160-7390-4945-8233-7B182ED6DE3E.png
    390 KB · Views: 48
  • 4A217787-AB4A-403A-9C1F-6B035C36883C.png
    4A217787-AB4A-403A-9C1F-6B035C36883C.png
    576.9 KB · Views: 50
You should be able to get DAP 18-46-0 or super triple phosphate 0-46-0 to handle that. Sometimes the price difference between the two makes the 18 pounds of N in DAP the cheapest you can buy, sometimes it pays to run the super triple and get N from urea. Run the numbers to see which is the better money.

Contact your local extension agent or Coop. They should be able to help you with the correct formulation. I would defer to the more knowledgeable on here than myself to give a recommendation. I do think you need some added K though to bring it up slightly.

YPu'd tel the place that you buy bulk fertilizer, or that spears it for you, to mix it with higher phosphorus than nitrogen and potassium. When I drove a spreader truck at Gold kist back in the 70's, people would bring their test results to the store, and the manager would tell us how to load the 3 components in the mixer. I bet the co-op where you would buy, does this too.

Soil test results are finally back. I don't think they look to bad. This is my first time doing soil testing. I never thought of taking care of a pasture can be broken down into a science. Looks like I'm low in P but everything else is fine. So what needs to be down to accommodate my P levels? Can this be purchased alone for a Tennessee farmers coop? Any grass masters thoughts will be greatly appreciated before I start throwing money at something I have no idea about. This is pasture land only btw.
Everything else is not fine. Yes the TN coop can supply you with any of your needs and as stated I would take the test to them and allow them to mix it as recommended.

Latest posts