Software

Help Support CattleToday:

psnuzum

Reaction score
We have about 200 head of Angus cattle. We are trying to figure out the best software to use for herd management. We have looked at CattleWorks and CattleMax. Can anyone recommend a good software program to use?

psnuzum":39aasy50 said:
We have about 200 head of Angus cattle. We are trying to figure out the best software to use for herd management. We have looked at CattleWorks and CattleMax. Can anyone recommend a good software program to use?

Have you looked at the Angus Assn software: AIMS

http://www.angus.org/aims/

haven't seen Cattle works. but i did look at cattle max and got a trial CD. Just have to wait until it slows down to try it. Liked how it looked on the website

RR

Been using Cattlemax for 5-6 years. Tried several others and had a few questions about how to do things. Still haven;t gotten replys after multiple trys from a couple of the companys. The Cattlemax folks have alwasy provided top notch timely replys/assistance.

Got the CattleWorks program. Basic, very basic. If I had to do it all over again I'd spring for the CattleMax. But the thought of entering all that data again is about as appealing as sitting on a fire ant mound naked.

cfpinz

I thought cattlemax looked really good, but ms exel is still working great for me and it was bundled with my pc so that made it free.
I can see where some outfits might need that software, but its not for little bitty ol' me.

cfpinz":3f8g1kza said:
But the thought of entering all that data again is about as appealing as sitting on a fire ant mound naked.

cfpinz

The visual of that isn;t all that appealing either!

TheLazyM":17caim53 said:
I thought cattlemax looked really good, but ms exel is still working great for me and it was bundled with my pc so that made it free.
I can see where some outfits might need that software, but its not for little bitty ol' me.

I also still use Excel
does everything I want to do and does it the way I want to do it.

pdfangus":3nh08a5j said:
TheLazyM":3nh08a5j said:

I also still use Excel

I use Excel as well.

pdfangus":2js813sq said:
TheLazyM":2js813sq said:

I also still use Excel

Did you create your own template for excel to track the info you need, or are there templates available that are already setup? What kind of information do you track?

Latest posts