So what do you think ????

Help Support CattleToday:

Maineshowgirl

Reaction score
This is my Maine heifer that I posted a few months back, So what do you think? Here hair is not all the way dry because I dry half way, then she goes under the fans. That's why her hair isn't all the way "Poped".

Picture_540.jpg

Picture_539.jpg

Picture_5471.jpg

I like your heifer a lot. She's got depth & length to her and decent expression in her rear. Overall I think she's a purdy little heifer...I'm interested in seeing how you do with her! When's your next show with her?

Jay

I will be showing she at Houston next week then we on to Austin. She placed 5th in Ft.worth and 4th at San Antonio. Shes cleans up at all the little shows and jack-pots.

She's out of DMCC Alliance and out of a Oakrigde Golder indy donor. Grandsire is Limited Edition 4F. The judges didn't give me clear reasons why they placed her lower, but we have been really working on getting her to drop in her flank and getting her to grow out Vs up

Afew months ago, I said she should be a good Jackpot heifer, but that she is just not feminine enough to win at the larger shows. The majors are where the judge is supposed to be looking for true breeding heifers. She might end up being a good cow to breed clubby for Show Steers.

Maineshowgirl said:
This is my Maine heifer that I posted a few months back, So what do you think? Here hair is not all the way dry because I dry half way, then she goes under the fans. That's why her hair isn't all the way "Poped".
I have the same problem with my hefier. about the same body type but not "feminine enough"..She does good a small shows. and county fairs. but not feminine enough to do good at bigger shows...

great looking heifer, how do you clip her neck for those big shows? if you take her neck down all the way she might look more feminine

we plan on cliping her neck down, she needed to still be cliped in those pictures, but I have someone who clips for me for the big shows.

Latest posts