so this is what a simmental looks like

Help Support CattleToday:

Yes. This is our oldest cow. She has a little hereford and holstein in her. Five years ago lots of our cows looked just like her, real beuties. Before the amerification of the breed.

Those are interesting photos-looks like they don't worry so much about horns on their cattle in Europe as they do here. The Retinta is one of the ancestors of the Longhorn.

edde_1":2znhuqgc said:
Yes. This is our oldest cow. She has a little hereford and holstein in her. Five years ago lots of our cows looked just like her, real beuties. Before the amerification of the breed.

You know if you prefer that type of Simmental you CAN find breeders out there like that. The seedstock BUYER rules the industry NOT the seedstock producer. IF you DEMAND Simmental 'Classic' you CAN and will get it. There are breeders of those type cows that would LOVE to have you as a semen customer, if you will make the effort to find them.

edde_1":16telpjh said:

That's a darn nice looking cow in my book!

Rustler9":3bzv72sz said:
Those are interesting photos-looks like they don't worry so much about horns on their cattle in Europe as they do here. The Retinta is one of the ancestors of the Longhorn.
Yes, they do. This i our oldest cow 16 years, and back then we didn´t use polled bulls and didn´t dehorn. She is the only cow with horns in our herd.

Brandonm2":zo0s0kko said:
edde_1":zo0s0kko said:

You know if you prefer that type of Simmental you CAN find breeders out there like that. The seedstock BUYER rules the industry NOT the seedstock producer. IF you DEMAND Simmental 'Classic' you CAN and will get it. There are breeders of those type cows that would LOVE to have you as a semen customer, if you will make the effort to find them.

I dont want them, i just think they are beutiful.

Latest posts