So long, for now

Help Support CattleToday:

Jeanne - Simme Valley

Reaction score
Tomorrow we leave for Kauai (Hawaii island). Can't wait. This will be the 4th year we have gone. Nephew Phil lived there for 6 years. Real quaint. NO nightlife. Island is 60 miles around it. Can't cross the middle. Only 1 road, most of the way around the island. Will be back April 10. Lots of vacant beaches to snorkel, swim, pick shells, explore. Only beaches that are crowded are ones affiliated with hotels. Only 3 "cities" that you could consider "populated", and they are small.
Finished calving, bred 18 head for 1-1 to 1-6 calving. Mainly wanted to breed all the heifers, but a few cows came in and who can pass them up?? Will continue AI when we get back. Any repeats should come back in after we get back (hopefully NOT - but, we all know there will be some).
Had our Simmental meeting here and dispersed 300 units of semen, some eartags & needles/syringes (all bulk purchased for members). "unveiled" our new directory hot off the press (I get it photo ready for the printer). Now time to relax.

All work and no play makes Jeanne a dull girl. Sounds like you deserve it, sounds idyllic...enjoy Jeanne!!!

That sounds like a great trip. I'm not sure I could handle sitting still on a plane for that long but I'd love to go fishing in Hawaii.

wbvs58":jftfwbad said:
Bon voyage Jeanne, always a big achievement getting things sorted so one can make a escape for a week or two.

Ken

Agree! Ya "pay" for the vacation in extra work both before and after the trip--to the point it sometimes makes it almost not worth it. (ALMOST, I said. ;-) )

Have fun, Jeanne!

Have a great trip and do some SERIOUS relaxing and fun things. Really good that you got all the calves on the ground and everyone cooperated so that you are not leaving any problem issues. That's just fantastic. When you get back it will be looking and feeling a little more like spring is in the air too. ENJOY IT.

thanks all! I just happened to check in on this post, surprised to see all the comments. I did not get any notifications. Actually, haven't gotten any notifications for past week Just thought I was slacking, not checking in, but I think something isn't working. Take care of all the newbies.

Latest posts