So, How About them Spaniards? World Cup and all.

Help Support CattleToday:

john250

Reaction score
I know you've all been following this interesting event. I borrowed the term, but to me it's "metric football" since the serious contenders all use the metric system and the non-serious contenders (that's the good old USA...we were happy to beat GHANA) use yards, feet and inches.
I can tolerate slow, because I like baseball. But the pace of metric football is just short of glacial. Everyone runs several kilometers and no one ever scores.
Do we have any CT folk in Spain? If so---congratulations.

I thought it would be Spain and Germany in the final game.
Spain used ball control to win the game. Taking 6 to 10 touches
or passes to set up an attack. Grandson and I watched several
world cup matches. The fake and flop sure wears me out, so
many players shoud have been red carded and sent off for faking
a mortal wound, and jumping up to play on when the ref didn't buy
their act.
R.T.

I would rather watch flesh eating bacteria eat my leg than Soccer. Even at that level it is boring.

3waycross":1kb2clql said:
I would rather watch flesh eating bacteria eat my leg than Soccer. Even at that level it is boring.

That is so not true!!!! When professional soccer came to the USA back in the day, my friends and I would spend hours, and I mean hours in the parking lot of the old Met Stadium tailgating, before, during and after the games, it was a blast! :D

pdfangus":1kb2clql said:
I though the world cup was something with an octopus in it blowing a horn. :?: :dunce: :???:

That drone was a nice background for my nap on Sunday. :nod:

MistyMorning":22drz8l4 said:
3waycross":22drz8l4 said:

That is so not true!!!! When professional soccer came to the USA back in the day, my friends and I would spend hours, and I mean hours in the parking lot of the old Met Stadium tailgating, before, during and after the games, it was a blast! :D

Soooooooo you are saying the drunker you are the easier it is to watch??????? Paint drys faster than that game. Of course as third world sports go it is a dandy. Any game that can be played with an inflated goat bladder can't be all bad.

Soooooooo you are saying the drunker you are the easier it is to watch??????? Paint drys faster than that game. Of course as third world sports go it is a dandy. Any game that can be played with an inflated goat bladder can't be all bad.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :banana:

Love it....no wonder no one wants to pick up the ball and run with it.

I'm not a soccer fan but even I was impressed that the Dutch were able to take second in the biggest sporting event in the world. It had to be quite a disadvantage for the Dutch playing in wooden shoes and all.

3waycross":1p77adpt said:

I'd have to think about that one, 3way. But I'd probably end up going with the bacteria. :lol2:

VanC":111p53d5 said:
3waycross":111p53d5 said:

I'd have to think about that one, 3way. But I'd probably end up going with the bacteria. :lol2:

With that signature line I would sure think so. Ditka is a pretty smart fella. :tiphat:

Latest posts