Snowplow

Help Support CattleToday:

MistyMorning

Reaction score
Am looking at getting a new snowplow. I see a lot of both straight and split blades. The way I see it the split blade has more moving parts. Not necessarily something I would be so fond of.

Also, the Boss brand seems pretty popular here. Is that a decent one or are there better?

Any opinions or experiences with these would be appreciated.

Hi Misty, I'm here to help. Cept :? I don't know anything about that kind a stuff. The Boss got me this skid Steer and that's all use.

Just seems to me, that the straight blade would be the best.

For instance the split blade requires more trips anyway. So why not just blade 1 way up and 1 way back with the single blade??
More trips if You need room.

I've been using the same straight Western 7ft.plow for almost ten years - and it was six years old when I got it!
It has up & down, as well as side-to-side adjustments. Aside from the normal maintinence like yearly fluid changes and the occasional new hose, I've never had a problem and it's paid for itself a hundred times over.
You'll be suprised how many new friends you'll aquire when they hear you have a plow.

MistyMorning":1w1s2fmz said:
Am looking at getting a new snowplow. I see a lot of both straight and split blades. The way I see it the split blade has more moving parts. Not necessarily something I would be so fond of.

Also, the Boss brand seems pretty popular here. Is that a decent one or are there better?

Why don't you do what I would do? Get out there with a shovel. Whenever it snows here it's what I do. Ain't no lazy in these bones. :lol:

flaboy":mdzwuc4l said:
Why don't you do what I would do? Get out there with a shovel. Whenever it snows here it's what I do. Ain't no lazy in these bones. :lol:

pssstttt.......hayboy, the nurses are looking for you again! I heard this time they gonna try an IV-drip with rum in it ;-)

MistyMorning":9n1f50iu said:
flaboy":9n1f50iu said:

pssstttt.......hayboy, the nurses are looking for you again! I heard this time they gonna try an IV-drip with rum in it ;-)

Ah, nurses are always looking for me. I get worried a bit when the doctors start looking for me. :lol:

flaboy":xcd63zu2 said:
MistyMorning":xcd63zu2 said:

Next time we get enough snow I'll buy you a bus ticket so you can shovel our half mile driveway

flaboy":dtb012e6 said:

dun":dtb012e6 said:
Next time we get enough snow I'll buy you a bus ticket so you can shovel our half mile driveway

The cold weather up there must be freezing you guys brains up. Nobody seems to have got it.

I said "whenever it snows HERE (Fla)". Need another hint. :roll:

flaboy":2ryvwyjo said:
flaboy":2ryvwyjo said:

dun":2ryvwyjo said:

The cold weather up there must be freezing you guys brains up. Nobody seems to have got it.

I said "whenever it snows HERE (Fla)". Need another hint. :roll:

I got it, I was just hoping for some inexpensive labor to get it cleared. That's why I offered a bus ticket.

dun":32mu7436 said:
I got it, I was just hoping for some inexpensive labor to get it cleared. That's why I offered a bus ticket.

cfpinz might take you up on it if you offer him some old junk truck/car to go along with it. :lol:

flaboy":3ggos33r said:
dun":3ggos33r said:

cfpinz might take you up on it if you offer him some old junk truck/car to go along with it. :lol:

I don;t have any junk that's crappy enough to be suitable to him.

dun":3s1mgj0g said:
flaboy":3s1mgj0g said:
dun":3s1mgj0g said:

Park that pretty red truck of yours out in the pasture for about a month with the cows and we'll talk.

cfpinz

cfpinz":3aqcbpji said:
dun":3aqcbpji said:
flaboy":3aqcbpji said:
dun":3aqcbpji said:

Park that pretty red truck of yours out in the pasture for about a month with the cows and we'll talk.

cfpinz

You talking about the pimpmobile?

Well fellas thanks for all the snowplow advice or whatever all that noise was about. I am going to assume the next time it snows up here one of you is going to show up in a red truck and plow my driveway right?

I have an old 7'6 myers plow on my old dodge pickup for years and it works fine , I run a 350 ford for our township with an 8' fisher mount o matic plow and I really like that one , It mounts real easy onto the truck and when it's unhooked there isn't much sticking out the front of the truck , I have a 350 ford and if I ever put a plow on there I think I might try to find a fisher, the township has 5 8' fishers and 1 9' and they have no problems.

Latest posts