Uncles place, if you don't see anything it is because the snow got so thick

1-22-10storm006.jpg

Now you can see his place

1-22-10storm002.jpg

1-22-10storm013.jpg

Coming for breakfast

1-22-10storm023.jpg

Bale #2 ready to roll out

That's it? It'd be right pitiful if someone from MT had to come to VA to see a snowstorm! You should have been here last month!

Well if all of the snow that we had before had not melted we would be buried prety nicely right now.
Just a nice little blizzard. Got 1 foot on the flat ground, but that was around 4pm and have drifts almost at 3 feet.

cfpinz":bt92v0to said:
That's it? It'd be right pitiful if someone from MT had to come to VA to see a snowstorm! You should have been here last month!
we still got a little snow on the ground in places on the north side's.Their giveing snow agin for tuesday.

rattler

Road crews are getting out and they are talking about 3'-4'+ drifts in different areas.

We have around 3' in between the houses right now. Hubby hit a drift last night that was to the top of the feed trucks hood. Hope he doesn't get stuck feeding this morning.

Going to get out the tractor with the snow blower today.

That blowing snow is a real PITA. The good news ILH is that it will melt, someday.. :lol:

Wind is from the North today so I don't think your storm will be heading our way, fingers crossed.

I am soooooooooooo ready for spring.. :nod:

hillsdown":22tz5spd said:
That blowing snow is a real PITA. The good news ILH is that it will melt, someday.. :lol:

Wind is from the North today so I don't think your storm will be heading our way, fingers crossed.

I am soooooooooooo ready for spring.. :nod:

Only 8 weeks! :banana:

Looks like almost every Highway in eastern Montana is now emergency travel only- or most are closed somewhere along the line..I heard they had semis stacked up- stuck in snowbanks- on I-94 in the Wibaux area..

Hubby got stuck in a big drift this morning and had to dig himself out. Cousin got stuck in a couple of different places trying to get to town.
Listened to my scanner and they had a couple of graders get stuck today.

Now hearing reports of 6-7 foot drfts in different areas.

Hubby is still out blowing the road open. He was going to do the uncles place and then going to blow open the county road so the kids can get to the bus stop tomorrow morning, they were hoping for a snow day. :D

We are digging out as well, probably from the same storm. What a mess, but the aftermath is sure pretty! The back side of the low is suppose to hit tomorrow.

During the night I heard the strangest sound that woke me up...Soon reallized it was the sound of quiet- and no howling wind... ;-) :D

Started in about 6AM cleaning out our road- and the yard and stackyards...Fed the cows and then plowed a trail down the county road to the neighbors place (that was socked in even worse)...Plowed out their yard- and got some access to some bales opened up- and a trail to their cows...Moved as much as we could with the loader- but when he gets back he's going to need to fire up his Cat to get every thing widened out more before the next blow- and plow the 1/4 mile to his main stack...

Temps a little cooler- 8 Above- but just seeing sunshine after a week of fog and blizzard warms you up pretty well... :D :banana:

Listening to the local Tradio call in radio program- I couldn't believe the number of folks calling in looking to buy loader tractors, blades, or tractor chains...

Both the phone and electricity are out at the north place again...

We bought our snow blower a few years ago and just used it last year and this year. I know some people thought we were nuts, but we are glad we got it.

Hubby blew out around our buildings and haystacks. He had to make a road out to the pasture. Then he went up and did the uncles place. Made a path down the road to the bus stop. County grader got through here today, they were sure busy.

I luv herfrds":2566hpup said:
We bought our snow blower a few years ago and just used it last year and this year. I know some people thought we were nuts, but we are glad we got it.

Hubby blew out around our buildings and haystacks. He had to make a road out to the pasture. Then he went up and did the uncles place. Made a path down the road to the bus stop. County grader got through here today, they were sure busy.

They never made it here-altho its a bus route....But between us and the neighbors we made a one lane path thru (to the upset of my grandson who was staying with us and thought he'd get to stay home) ;-) ... County plows were too busy trying to plow the utility repair crews into all the folks still out of electricity- and phones....

Was listening yesterday. Someone plowing out a school south of us hooked the guy wire and yanked down the power pole. Luckily they had cancelled school there for the day.

One drift the hubby blew out was almost 5 feet high. Funny part is it was on the point of a hill.

road crew was real quiet over here, didn't hear a thing about him doing the road. then again they know I'm listening and have the hand held radio. :D ;-)

last Friday we lost power for 12 hours, never had that in my 19 years at this place. All the ice brought lines down everywhere. Saturday it came back on and rained all day, melted the ice off the lines. Got the yard cleaned off really good. Sunday was decent in the am, and the pm started the storm. Yesterday was one of the worst visibility days I ever remember and yet traffic was steady all day. I get a call from a guy in town, looking for a kid #1that is lost between us and a neighbor 1 1/2 miles away. Kid #2 had gone to the other neighbor to get scoops and came back and the kid #1 was gone. An hour later, here comes our neighbor with a payloader with Kid #2 following in his blazer still looking for kid #1. I thought we'd find him dead in a snowbank this am, but someone must have picked him up and brought him to town. Stupid people (mostly men I must add, sorry, no offense, but it's true) always think they can make it. Stay Put!!!

seeing those pics make me glad i live in the south.i truelly do feel for those that have to digg out from the snowstorms.but weve been dealiong with heavy mudd here all winter.maybe itll dry up 1 day.

Storm is over- now the cold is sitting in. 15 Below last night and supposed to be 20 Below tonight- and with the wind is plumb nippy..

If you want to see some local pictures of after the storm- heres a site that has a few taken by the local radio station....If you look at the picture labeled a coulee east of Glasgow- that valley pictured is the Milk River Valley where we live (actually 2 pictures)...If you look to the right side of the pictures- just above the trees on the river you can see another little set of trees...Thats our River place where I live...Those 2 pictures were taken on the cut across road that goes from Hwy 2- to Hwy 247 S just above the stockyards...
http://www.kltz.com/images/stormpix2/2010stormb.html

Latest posts