Snow Load Calculations

Help Support CattleToday:

I'm willing to wager the money lost in one day of being out of business would have easily offset the increase in steel member size or PLF required to achieve beyond the minimum code requirements. Wonder if there is even a structural engineers seal for the installation or it is a "design" used from Florida to Vermont. Please remember the building codes establish a MINIMUM requirement to satisfy for compliance.

red angus 2010":2y2c8fkz said:
I'm willing to wager the money lost in one day of being out of business would have easily offset the increase in steel member size or PLF required to achieve beyond the minimum code requirements. Wonder if there is even a structural engineers seal for the installation or it is a "design" used from Florida to Vermont. Please remember the building codes establish a MINIMUM requirement to satisfy for compliance.

I bet you are right. Go Cheap Go Wrong... I went there to snow plow and got there said well I don't think hes gonna need me today. :shock:

That's one thing to keep in mind about steel buildings, they are engineered to the maximum, where wood is engineered to the minimum. So if a steel building has a 30lb snow load at 32lbs it will probably go down, and a wood framed building with a 30lb snow load may bend, stretch, settle and take 40lbs before it collapses.

shadyhollownj":yl2e1yyk said:
Well at least that was one less lot to plow Sky. After 27 hours being on a loader I'm beat up.

lol very true shady.. Yea a loader can do that to you how much snow did yall get?

shadyhollownj":1tqwm7hs said:
Around 10-11 inches but it poured on it so it was like pushing concrete after about ten feet. I've had enough this year.

shady it was 9 inches at my house before it started raining and turned into slush. snow storms help pay the bills but at this point I would be ok with it stopping. I don't know how you stood it on a loader that long.

Latest posts