snow bird

Help Support CattleToday:

ALACOWMAN

Reaction score
old man talking with his friend,,, say how you feeling nowdays??
the other old man says, i can barely hear
can barely see,, got high blood pressure.
im diabetic, arthritic , got a pace maker.
poor circulation.. and hardning of the arteries.. move at a snails pace
but thank GOD i still got my Florida drivers license :cowboy:

That reminds me of a few years ago, I was out at the gas station close to the house paying for something and this old guy comes in and asks the cashier " hon will you put gas in my car? I can't see good enough fill it myself" :? And he was the driver........

This is a true story. Wife and I went out to eat one evening a couple of weeks ago and when we finished eating we went to pay the tab. There were six elderly ladies in front of us and of course, they had to pay separately which took forever with everyone digging in their purses to get the exact change!

Well, when it came our turn to pay the old ladies were heading out the door. We paid and started to leave but being the gentle folks we are, we waited for them to get through the door. One of the six (must have been 95) was having a really hard time getting her cane through the door and move her feet at the same time. Ok, so they all get outside and start toward the parking lot moving at a snail's pace and finally get to a car. The 95 YO has to unlock all the doors with the key to let the others in and I'm thinking ...... naw, that's not the driver. You guessed it, she was the driver! She backed out of the parking space without turning her head OR looking in the mirror. Have absolutely no idea how she kept from hitting other cars parked around her or hitting other folks walking to and from the restaurant. Thank goodness my truck was parked out of harms way.

There's an old guy lives round near me who can hardly see over the dash board he looks through the middle of the stearing wheel, and is doddery on his feet, he still drives, don't know how he does it.

and old man here lost his driving privilege,, and started driving his lawn mower to the store... they stopped him awhile back and loaded the mower and him up... i dont like to meet some of the older folks here on our back street in the opposite lane they look like unguilded missles

ALACOWMAN":39vlutuc said:
and old man here lost his driving privilege,, and started driving his lawn mower to the store... they stopped him awhile back and loaded the mower and him up... i dont like to meet some of the older folks here on our back street in the opposite lane they look like unguilded missles

We have a young man around here who lost his driving privilege, and drives his mower everywhere, even puts chains on it in the winter to pull his fish house off the lake, I kid you not.

I know what you mean about meeting some of those older drivers on the road, we had a weaver, that would take both sides of a windy, hilly road, was best than to just pull the heck over till he went past.

MistyMorning":20hy9701 said:
ALACOWMAN":20hy9701 said:

We have a young man around here who lost his driving privilege, and drives his mower everywhere, even puts chains on it in the winter to pull his fish house off the lake, I kid you not.

Doesn't the mower deck hang up in the snow?

john250":2iabc6y0 said:
MistyMorning":2iabc6y0 said:
ALACOWMAN":2iabc6y0 said:

Doesn't the mower deck hang up in the snow?

Wouldn't ya think? I mean I can hang a mower deck up on a ant hill any given day.

I knew a guy in Ohio that got so many dui's that they wouldnt let him get a drivers liscence so he started driving his john deere 7520 to the town bar.

Cal

We have an elderly couple in town that take a riding lawn mower every where they go. They have a small trailer hooked to the back of the mower with a recliner in it. He drives the mower while she sits in the recliner. I have a pic somewhere if I can find it.

Calman":9rcfl1vl said:
I knew a guy in Ohio that got so many dui's that they wouldnt let him get a drivers liscence so he started driving his john deere 7520 to the town bar.

Cal

In Virginia you can get a DUI while driving a tractor, lawn mower, a boat, I think even a bicycle. Here it is the Driving Under the Influence not what you are driving.

If you ever travel to India and Sri Lanka, you will see people riding on anything that has a motor attached to it. If I can find some photo's we took I'll post them. One we saw was a family of four chugging along on a lawn mower.