Sniping!

Help Support CattleToday:

SNICOM-1.jpg

Roses are red,
Violets are blue,
Rubies are red,
Some Brahmans are too.

Sunday when I was going round and round brushhogging I came up with ideas about just about everyone. But I've slept since then so I couldn't remember most of it. The point is, these are the kinds of comments, in some cases paraphrased or insinuated, that have been used in some of the threds that got nasty and ended up "enoughing" by Ridge. Many of those that weren't included are good solid posters with good information that don;t usually get into the p.ing contests. I had to through in something about those ugly off-cloroed angs, that's the only reason frankie was included.
Unfortunetly, sarcasim doesn't either A) come across very well in thise medium, or B) I don't have the knack anymore.
Now if this allows the pot shots to recede somewhat in the other threads, I'll be a happy camper.

dun

dun":1tni5ynx said:
By keeping it here I won't have to read it thinking that maybe there is something of value.

dun

but, dun? i thought you weren't going to come back to this thread? ;-) :shock: :lol:

txag":1mpgn3t0 said:
dun":1mpgn3t0 said:
By keeping it here I won't have to read it thinking that maybe there is something of value.

dun

but, dun? i thought you weren't going to come back to this thread? ;-) :shock: :lol:

O noticed that it finally had started getting some activity and since I had thrown down the gauntlet I wanted to see if it had worked.
It hasn't.
Sometimes other members even pm me at ask/suggest that I look at or answer specific posts.

Oh well, that;s the way of things.

dun

dun":20ndoyzf said:
I'll try to get this started. eric and gp78 are ultra liberal, texan MP and la4 are ultra conservative, oldtimer likes r-calf, dun is a crotchety old phart that talks to much, ollie doesn't like epds, frankie raises black angus, Jake is young. Americans are greedy Candians are whiners. Bush is the right/wrong man for the job, but kerry is just plain wrong.
W Ridge only has a one word vocabulary.

Does that give you folks enough to get started with?

dun
forgot me :(

I guess the Coffee shop was a noble enough idea. Unfortunately I think too many posts are diverted from "Cow Talk" now that evryone has another room to go lip off in.

Canadian's are not actually whiners. When you are being treated unfairly I think you are justified in trying to change things.

What percentage of US residents don't realize the border is still closed?

Statistics Canada has announced that the Canadian cow herd is at an all time high!!

A snide remark migh be that the herd numbers are up because you can't give them away up there

But on another subject I though it was txag's Peom not Dun, anyway it was a great poem, whoever wrote it deserves a cookie and a feather in their cap

They were good enough for you before!! The problem is the lack of slaughter capacity. So before this is all said done, the US might be like gay bob & take up the hoop. Because once the border opens your prices are going to drop!!

They were good enough for you before!! The problem is the lack of slaughter capacity. So before this is all said done, the US might be like gay bob & take up the hoop. Because once the border opens your prices are going to drop!!

Even as I respect you as a fellow Canadian or I assume you are. I have to disagree. In total Canada's cow herd is about 5% the size of the US herd. We used to export about 40% of that to the US. or 2% of their total beef supply. If we doubled that production, we would still only be supplying about 2 weeks supply to the US. US imports are actually up since the border closed but they are bringing in beef from South America and Australia instead of Canada. The good news is that even though it is going to be a tough year up here, I was reading today that if all the slaughter capacity comes online that is predicted in the next while we should be able to clear out our backlogged beef by fall of 2005.

Dumb question? Why does USA import beef? Do we not raise enough here or are there breeds that we cant raise profitably?

Anonymous":5in7f9v7 said:
Dumb question? Why does USA import beef? Do we not raise enough here or are there breeds that we cant raise profitably?

Diplomatic relations is one reason, not having enough of the kinds of beef that are required for the fastfood market is another. There are probably a dozen others at least

dun

Latest posts