Sniping!

Help Support CattleToday:

Dun, doesnt the fast food market buy the bottom of the rung cattle? They are the cheapest food around, so I just figured they would buy just about anything we would sell them. Or do we just not have enough bottom of the rung cattle, (arent these called packers?) and they will take alot less money for cattle grown in a foreign country?

Bottom rung of cattle is debateable. Brazil exports a lot of grass fed beef for the fast food market. Economically raised lean beef.

eric":3sx9rcsk said:
Dun, doesnt the fast food market buy the bottom of the rung cattle? They are the cheapest food around, so I just figured they would buy just about anything we would sell them. Or do we just not have enough bottom of the rung cattle, (arent these called packers?) and they will take alot less money for cattle grown in a foreign country?

eric":103s196u said:
Or do we just not have enough bottom of the rung cattle, (arent these called packers?) and they will take alot less money for cattle grown in a foreign country?
You hit the nail on the head, Eric. We just no longer have enough lean trim to satisfy that market. We have to get it from somewhere. Always helps P&L's if its cheaper!

Finally found this board, hate to see it die, serves a worthwhile purpose.

In a bad mood this evening and if anyone wants to gripe I am ready.

My biggest gripe about this forum is new people coming in who think they know it all. Lashing out at long-time posters without first learning something about them.

cherokeeruby":39p79yjr said:

My biggest gripe about this forum is new people coming in who think they know it all. Lashing out at long-time posters without first learning something about them.

As usual Ruby your right on I have gotten real hair triggered myself from all the sniping, really sucks.

cherokeeruby":3uyl2rmp said:

Don't know if this constitutes sniping or not, but Ruby you're the source for everything indicus as far as I'm concerned. I'm sure others feel the same!

Cherokee do you happen to know of a line of Brahmans called Cherokee?
Neighbor used to raise them older gentleman in his 70's now, has swicthed to a little calmer line. We sure had some ineresting rodeos.

Yes, they pretty much started the Reds. A lot of our bloodlines trace back to them, in fact just about all. The first cow we owned was named Cherokeeruby, not straight from the ranch but of that bloodline. I believe Yoakum was the name of the family. The herd carried on for a number of years under another owner. If you get pedigrees of the foundation cattle of the big red breeders they all go back to Cherokee Ranch.

Latest posts