Snapping Turtles

Help Support CattleToday:

1. Ol Roy don't float.
2. Cheap dog food comes apart when it gets wet and turns to an emulsified mess.
3. Cheap dog food probably caused the pond meal.
4. Dogfood makes the fish want to spend their times trying to lick their genital areas.
5. You should be using cat food anyway for catfish.
Cheap dog food has high levels of glyphosate/Roundup in it, so probably not the best thing to feed something you plan to eat yourself. Also dogs are dying at a much younger age and very often from cancer than they did before being fed cheap dog food - I don't know about the catfish.

I call BS. Show me some data that cheap dog food has high glyphosate levels... Cornell U. study found 'detectable' gly in major brands... but still well below what FDA considers an acceptable level for humans. The old adage, "The dose makes the poison." applies.

Average lifespan of dogs has increased about a year and a half (from 10.5 to 11.8 yr) over the past 15 years... presumably due to better nutrition and advances in veterinary care.

I call BS. Show me some data that cheap dog food has high glyphosate levels... Cornell U. study found 'detectable' gly in major brands... but still well below what FDA considers an acceptable level for humans. The old adage, "The dose makes the poison." applies.

Average lifespan of dogs has increased about a year and a half (from 10.5 to 11.8 yr) over the past 15 years... presumably due to better nutrition and advances in veterinary care.
I trust the expert on this, and for those of you that don't know, Lucky_P is definitely an expert!

What ever dog food you feed, READ THE INGREDIENTS. I have seen chicken digest listed as an ingredient in dog food and I'm sure I don't have to tell anyone here what that is.

I don't know Lucky-P, but I do know he is correct in his statement. Glyphosate is the worlds safest herbicide and is nearly non-existent in any food.

I'm more concerned about the additives and preservatives in food than I am the herbicides. It's near impossible to keep unwanted vegetation out crops and gardens without the use of herbicides.

I have not used anything in my vegetable gardens in 40 years except for some BT years ago. I mulch heavy and weed. I have had little problems with weeds if the mulch is deep enough. This is also in several locations , not like it is the same garden plot every year. The last 2 years I have not had a veg garden due to the ankle replacement and now my knees... next year will be starting over in a new place.... where there is well established lawn grass. I will get it plowed and tilled and then it will get planted and mulched right then.... I have had the best luck with having pigs in the garden space in the fall-winter... then tilling and planting. They will eat and dig up all kinds of weeds/grass/junk......they can make some deeper holes that have to be worked over to level...
We use very little herbicides in our fields... but some if there is alot of junk in the hayfields for 2nd cutting to make square bales....
I roll out a couple of crummy round bales... use anything that will decompose like cardboard and newspaper underneath....use grass clippings up around the plant stems.... anything organic that will break down by earthworms and such....but you need to cover the ground thick for mulch to work. Plus, any weeds that do come up, are so easy to pull because the earth under the mulch is softer, damp and friable. Pull em, lay em on top and let the sun dry them up and they will break back down to feed the soil again. No chemicals, herbicides or poisons in or around your food.

Do dogs that die early have underbites -- asking for a friend.
I have been told by my veterinarian friends that
quite a few puppies and kittens are now born with an underbite. That is puppies that shouldn't have an underbite because of their breed. Of course those that were caused to have an underbite, like bull dogs, by breeding for an underbite have underbite, but collies and most other herding dogs were not supposed to have an underbite. As far as I know, cats were never deliberately bred to have an underbite, at least not any that I ever saw. Back to the dogs around here at least, larger breeds used to live to be around 15 or more years old, usually more. Now they die or are euthanized by or before 13 years old, some as young as 8, usually because of cancer. Dogs may be living longer in other areas as someone said.

Levels of glyphosate in dog and cat food, tested using High Performance Liquid Chromatography (HPLC) ranged from 0.022 to 0.30 mg/kg. That is quite a bit higher than what is suggested for human consumption. For children, 160 ppb is the highest level considered safe by the EPA and 0.30 mg/kg is much higher than what is considered safe for children, if my math is correct. I don't guarantee my math - LOL.

With regard to when dogs with underbite die, I have no idea, since I studied grazing animals and rodents, not dogs.

Latest posts