Snake Charmer

Help Support CattleToday:

ROCKSPRINGS

Reaction score
Snake_Charmer.jpg

Looks to me like you had several unused shells, and he only has one hole in him. If that woulda been me You could read thru that sucker.

kerley":1c07t25x said:
ROCKSPRINGS":1c07t25x said:
Hey Rocksprings, What kind of snake is this, other than dead.

That is a copperhead, very poisonous, quick, and aggressive. I would rather see ten rattlesnakes than one copperhead.There are different species but the best one is a"dead" one. :lol:

3waycross":1bs3u5ba said:
Looks to me like you had several unused shells, and he only has one hole in him. If that woulda been me You could read thru that sucker.

Three inch mag. #6, full choke. He was D.O.A. by the time I reloaded.

I would take a Copperhead any day over a Mocassion. I hate those darned things. Only snake that ever chased me.

My city folk family (the 713s) thought it would be fun to cut trails thru the brush to ride 4 wheelers. They would leave limbs real low that you had to go under or around because they thought it was fun. Those trails are nice and open now after they met a copperhead on one of those limbs. ;-) We tried to warn them but what do we know... we never made it to the big city. :lol2:

circlebllc":2oppe8g1 said:
That looks more like a bull snake. Wrong pattern and bigger than a copperhead.
I've only seen maybe a dozen copperheads and that doesn;t look like any of them. Their colors were a lot brighter and more intense. This on also looks fatter around then any of the ones I've seen.

I was not sure what it was so I looked on the Internet. It matched a lot of the pictures. What ever it is, it won't scare the **** out of me any more.

ROCKSPRINGS":3itl7748 said:
kerley":3itl7748 said:
ROCKSPRINGS":3itl7748 said:
Hey Rocksprings, What kind of snake is this, other than dead.

That is a copperhead, very poisonous, quick, and aggressive. I would rather see ten rattlesnakes than one copperhead.There are different species but the best one is a"dead" one. :lol:
Thank's for the replies. The reason I was interested is while cleaning up tree limbs from our last storm, I ran over one. He ran like hell but I nailed him with the tractor bucket. He kept striking the bucket till dead. This one was very similar to your's only brighter colored.

copperhead.jpg

OK I was told this is a copperhead and the one I shot was a bull, chicken, water, or rat snake. OK, I killed a big mouser but it sure looks like a copperhead. I was told the dark copper color part should be the shape of a hour glass.

Dun I can't believe you haven't seen more. Used to live down there, now a little north now. Just seen two under ground all balled up together.

circlebllc":klsh160z said:
Dun I can't believe you haven't seen more. Used to live down there, now a little north now. Just seen two under ground all balled up together.
I think part of it may be all of the black rat snakes we have around here. On just this one farm I'll see probably a hundred of them a year.

I too think that's a bull snake. Seeing them all time around here.
Used to see a lot of copperheads where I grew up in Missouri.

Cal