Snake bit today

Help Support CattleToday:

A

Anonymous

Now that i have ryder's attention :mrgreen:
The day started out good enough. 9 am meeting with a landowner to go over some details and some land, double check fence lines, expectations etc. so were driving the extremely overgrown land, and get to a point where I have to back up. Bump, oh there's a tree there. Ok, nice little bender in the bed. No big deal, wanted to put a flat bed on anyway.
Then 10 minutes later, a phone call from my wife that my mother in law is in an ambulance. They were at church and she couldn't breath. She has a history of heart problems.
Ok. So we head back, my daughter calls me. She's on her way to the hospital too but she has a flat. I get there, plug it, fill it. She then proceeds to back straight into my rear driver side door of the truck. Yeah wasn't planning on a new door.
Thus the title: snake bit.
I'm just going to sit here, breath slowly, and enjoy this cold 12 pack. :bang:

Thanks chippie. They cant figure out what's going on with her. EKG normal, o2 normal.shes had triple bypass already, and 4 stents after that. The latest 2 weeks ago. It's at the point where we just want it to be fixed or know what the heck is goin on

Well, thank goodness you didn't actually have "snake bit" in the mix today, Iso! You can fix your rig; hopefully, they'll get your MIL fixed, too. Keep your chin up. But if you're working on the cold 12-pak, your chin IS up. :)

Yeah, except for the in law issue all I can do is laugh. It definitely could be worse

Kathie in Thorp":18gz35ze said:
Well, thank goodness you didn't actually have "snake bit" in the mix today, Iso! You can fix your rig; hopefully, they'll get your MIL fixed, too. Keep your chin up. But if you're working on the cold 12-pak, your chin IS up. :)
I meant HOOK -- not ISO. Sorry. (Sounds like it could've been a ISO tale, too, though. :D )

Hook, I had a similar day yesterday, minus the health/welfare of a family member scare. Started in the morning, and lasted all day. ALL day. 12 pack was my idea too, but after 4 of those barley pops, I crawled in bed. I figured I better cut the day short before something else happened. Someone on CT said it within the past few days, I think; Some days you're the windshield, some days you're the bug :lol2:

I like that. Today the family was the bug.
Word is the docs think its a medication thing but I think it's a body thing. I'm no doctor but usually the Doctors are just practicing medicine and doing CYA medicine

MIL is the important thing, best wishes to all, CYA is common practice in the medical field. BTW, I'm driving my 07 Chev 3500 without a tailgate these days, the story involves a tree and a down tailgate ..... And a 12 pack of beer afterwards! I feel your pain. :D :drink:

hooknline":1t92350l said:
I like that. Today the family was the bug.
Word is the docs think its a medication thing but I think it's a body thing. I'm no doctor but usually the Doctors are just practicing medicine and doing CYA medicine

Could be anxiety/panic attack. I have seen it. When someone has recently, or is having major medical concerns, they can suddenly stress out when they think of dying. Church is a place we often think of that sort of thing. Best wishes for your mother-in-law, wife, you and yours.

Well hook...I'm sorry to hear about the truck, but more importantly I'm sorry to hear about the MIL and her issues! I hope it gets figured out quickly.

Katherine

I will not go into big detail, but there have been some major health issues with my mom in the last couple of months -- and much related to Rx drug issues. Either not prescribed that would have helped, or over-prescribed that have not.

attempt at some levity here.....

the driving seems to be right in keeping with the florida license plates we see on the road here....can't compete with the new yorks and new jerseys.....but right up there with the pennsylvanias....

hope everything works out for the best and a solution is found for the sinking spells.

pdfangus":3f7pw3q6 said:
attempt at some levity here.....

the driving seems to be right in keeping with the florida license plates we see on the road here....can't compete with the new yorks and new jerseys.....but right up there with the pennsylvanias....

hope everything works out for the best and a solution is found for the sinking spells.

We used to make fun of the way Texans drove here until we really watched the Kansas folks try to straighten out every curve. :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

and ya'll don't need to get upset over that We never knew how much we loved Texans and others from adjoining states until the Californians moved in! :frowns: