Smoke House

Help Support CattleToday:

You must buy that weak dainty delicate stuff from the grocery store that's not hot enough to make a Marine cry.

I'm working on a "smoker" project too. I'm gathering material. I'm going to make one "Cajun microwave " style. I've got some printing press plate to line inside and I'm going to use some of that (I don't know it's trade name) 2" thick insulation board that has foil on one end to create a box that should hold heat. I'm not going big but should be able to cook or smoke w the box I'm making with some efficiency.

Kingfisher":3n7m8c7j said:
I'm working on a "smoker" project too. I'm gathering material. I'm going to make one "Cajun microwave " style. I've got some printing press plate to line inside and I'm going to use some of that (I don't know it's trade name) 2" thick insulation board that has foil on one end to create a box that should hold heat. I'm not going big but should be able to cook or smoke w the box I'm making with some efficiency.

Where did you get your design from?

I came close to building a cajun microwave a few years ago. I think its a neat idea. I was told you can build the fire and go off and fish or whatever and when you come back the meat will be ready without having to babysit it.

I started on my firebox I was burning and created a big fire in it with oak and charcoal .. I will use the barrel till I run across an old wood stove that's reasonable. Next comes the smoke house framing.

IMG_20160626_192700392_zpsxxmh3bxl.jpg

How would you smoke with a Cajun Microwave? I've never used one but looks interesting, but doesn't seem like it would "smoke" meat.

Kingfisher":1dw8cs43 said:

LRAF":1dw8cs43 said:
How would you smoke with a Cajun Microwave? I've never used one but looks interesting, but doesn't seem like it would "smoke" meat.

bumped up for LRAF

skyhightree1":3by0p5ow said:
Kingfisher":3by0p5ow said:

LRAF":3by0p5ow said:

bumped up for LRAF

One's I've seen only bake the meat - no smoke.

Jogeephus":dx9q0u0w said:
skyhightree1":dx9q0u0w said:
Kingfisher":dx9q0u0w said:

LRAF":dx9q0u0w said:

bumped up for LRAF

One's I've seen only bake the meat - no smoke.

That's what I thought too. Didn't understand how it would smoke

I think one of the good things about them is they sort of steam the meat like what happens when you bury a pig only there is no shoveling involved. I imagine you could fill the chamber with pineapple and other fruit and it would infuse the meat with all these flavors like stuffed pigs wrapped in banana leaves and buried. That right there is pretty awesome pork.

slick4591":1nh5fu9k said:
There's a new smoker in town. This one is at a local car lot.

Very nice.. Gather up a few of your birds that you don't want and tell them you need to test drive before buying and post some pics.

Latest posts