Smiling Face

Help Support CattleToday:

edb130

Reaction score
Always nice to see a smiling face when you get home!
DSC01116.jpg

M English Mastiff "Brewtus".

Yep! Were guessing about 250lbs. Vet couldn't get him all on the scale, but 3/4ths of him was 200+. I tried get him on my cattle scales but you can't pull him were he doesn't want to go.

edb130":sxodevkm said:
Yep! Were guessing about 250lbs. Vet couldn't get him all on the scale, but 3/4ths of him was 200+. I tried get him on my cattle scales but you can't pull him were he doesn't want to go.

:shock: goodness...250 pounds...that dog weighs more than me

That is one heck of a dog! I love him! Is he as laid back as he looks?

Alice

Alice

Alice, He is the most laid back dog I've ever owned. He sleeps most of the day and night (next to my bed for protection).

edb130":r5bd31ik said:

Alice

Alice, He is the most laid back dog I've ever owned. He sleeps most of the day and night (next to my bed for protection).

His or yours?

Seriously, I love dogs, big, little, in between. He looks like a real champ...loads of character and lots of love for you. You can see it in his eyes and the expression on his face. Yes, I believe dogs have facial expressions.

You're lucky to have him...and he's obviously lucky to have you.

Alice

Alice

The only concern I have is when he decides he wants to sit in my lap like he did when he was a pup. I'm not sure my new chair can handle it. I'm 6'6" & 300lbs and he's 250lbs, I'm pretty sure we reaching maximum capacity. I know I can't handle him there too long.

edb130":2ydanqf4 said:

Alice

The only concern I have is when he decides he wants to sit in my lap like he did when he was a pup. I'm not sure my new chair can handle it. I'm 6'6" & 300lbs and he's 250lbs, I'm pretty sure we reaching maximum capacity. I know I can't handle him there too long.

If you're like me, you'll just move to the floor and let him sit in your lap. :)

Alice

edb130":2i0j3djb said:
Is that a cooler on the porch or his food dish? Boone

Boone, A cooler, actually he and his female counterpart only eat about 50lbs a week.

:shock: :shock: I'm sure glad I don't have your feedbill! :lol: :lol:

edb130":w6jq9oqk said:
Always nice to see a smiling face when you get home!
DSC01116.jpg

M English Mastiff "Brewtus".

I think I have donkeys that are smaller. I like big dogs, but they make big dog poop. I swear that's the reason I don't own one.

What do use to clean up the yard after him, a tractor loader?

kjones, actually they go out in the field where the cows go. I seldom find anything in the yard. I didn't train them to do this they just seem to do it on their own.

Do you rope off of him or just use him for pleasure riding?

dun

dun, actually I've never ridden him, but he did take my wife for a ride across the house backwards one time. I would've helped but I was laughing so hard I couldn't get out of my chair.

edb130":10ntl0ih said:
Do you rope off of him or just use him for pleasure riding?

dun

dun, actually I've never ridden him, but he did take my wife for a ride across the house backwards one time. I would've helped but I was laughing so hard I couldn't get out of my chair.

I don't mean any offense by this...I honestly don't, but the first thing that came to mind when I read this was those dogs that have the little monkeys on their backs at the rodeos. You know, how they run and the monkeys hang on and look like the little bobble heads.

Bless your wife's heart...I hope you were in the next county when she finally untangled herself from Brewtus.

Alice